Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

• Unfortunately the setting to use longer names in the taskbar is gone.

Also the bootscreen has a very slight gradient. It's really hard to notice.

This is what the new progress bar looks like. (Before, when icons had a progress bar in the task bar it was a green box that filled the icon sort of, the new one looks much cleaner)

Interestingly, it says that I am using a Windows 10 Insider Build

Office 2019 is working fine on Windows 11

• There is actually a hidden setting to enable a Windows 10X boot screen. It's new simplified logo with the new spinning wheel in place of the Windows 8 one.

Cortana can still (thankfully) be disabled. Looks like hardly anything has really changed under the hood. It's just putting more makeup on a pig

• The control panel still exists

It also has the ridiculous half dark half light mode design.

As soon as you go into a pane, you are thrown back right to the Windows 7 icons

This is what the early versions of Windows 10 looked like

I really hope Microsoft only considers this version of 11 as a tech preview. Unfortunately, it seems like this might be extremely close to the final release and Windows will simply announce it at the announcement. (note the only reason I'm saying this is because when I predict stuff I'm usually always wrong and I REALLY REALLY want to be wrong this time)

• Because I hate myself, I'm trying the setting to revert my computer to the previous build ( which was an entirely different OS...)

Update: It did it successfully. It restored as if I had never did the upgrade. I didn't even expect it to work. I thought it was going to throw me an error before it even got back to the restoring screen.

•   videogamesm12 Corporations get bored 🤷

I am pretty sure that Microsoft is only labeling this windows version as windows 11 as a marketing scheme. Because windows 10 was born in an era of mobile device dominance, it only made since that Microsoft tried to combat the every growing movement towards laptops and phones with an os that mimicked that clean and practical gui that companies were striving for. Because of Covid and the sudden necessity increase for the general public to have a solid work computer based os, instead of marketing this new Windows as Windows 10.1, labeling it as Windows 11 separates it from the older out-dated windows 10 gui.

From what I have read so far, it seems that "Windows 11" is mostly a front end reconstruction. I just got my hands on an iso so I am going to for sure do some more digging.

• fuck the law, leaked build on real hardware, replaced my shitty 10 partition with this. now have a dual boot of 8.1 and leaked 11

my experience has been positive so far actually from a hard drive perspective, which does surprise me as this is the same NT version as 10

will say that i had to start the installation through VMWare since its got some fancy fuckass TPM shit that'll say that your hardware isn't compatible

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

Telesphoreo i can send you a DLL that bypasses it. You can use the setup.exe file while booted into windows and do a clean install by selecting it from the options

i mean, a tad late but would be neat to have a look.

worth noting i tried to replace everything in the source directory apart from install.win with everything from a 10 iso apart from install.esd. a workaround my friend that was assisting me with this at the time i was trying to install it

awesomeist tf blokey

• we do a humongous amount of trolling

apparently TPM 2.0 will be a real requirement for the full release which i am told that most PC's dont really support that

awesomeist tf blokey

•   lyicx
    Pretty sure mine does, but I also have what is basically a server platform modified for workstation use. That being WRX80 with Threadripper Pro on socket SP3.

Edit: confirmed that it absolutely does support it. I might have to buy the module for about $26 or so but the mobo has a header for it.

•   Windows i just did some looking into my setup and i had to turn on fTPM which wasn't by default. so my pc does support it

apparently i have secure boot off though 👍️

awesomeist tf blokey