freedom.play.totalfreedom.me

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • It should. Freedom. domain will route you to a Freedom server based on availability. The fact it only routed through to Freedom-01 was a bug that I spotted and fixed earlier today.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @wild1145#6844

dude nobody plays on freedom-02

The first thing anyone does now when they login is /freedom-01

there isn’t a problem with availability ever the server rarely gets over 10 people.

if you want to keep that can you add a new ip that routes to freedom-01 alone?

• @UnderTails#6860 the idea is you go to a freedom server. If you want to pick the server you join use the main ip and use the server selector in the hub.

We won't add something that routes directly to freedom 1.

As I say, this is the way things were designed from the start of the bungee setup. It's not a bug it's part of the design...

Wild1145

• @UnderTails#6864 freedom 2 provides an older style of freedom server and allows us to actually regularly reset the map which a few people in the community have asked for.

It's not used because people don't tend to know it's a thing, and because the bug meant people never were routed to it on the freedom address.

We may in the future re visit if we want to maintain both servers, but at least with the current stability issues on freedom 1 and where people killing the server are causing much bigger issues.

If you want to get rid of freedom 2 make a suggestion, but it is there for a reason and is going to be useful soon where freedom 1 will likely need an extended outage to move it to new infra.

Wild1145

• @wild1145#6866 listen

here’s my problem

If you route people to the most available server, it will ALWAYS send you to freedom-02, where absolutely nobody wants to be

you fixed a non existent problem with a solution that nobody likes

It doesn’t make sense

• Freedom-02 exists because Freedom-01 was getting hit with a DDoS attack and we needed a backup server to run in the meantime. I don't agree with removing Freedom-02 at all as it serves its purpose as a backup server and is more stable than Freedom-01.

Ryan is referring to "availability" as in terms of actually being available (and not down as a result of a crash or whatever).

image.png

• @UnderTails#6867 freedom 2 exists because freedom 1 has stability problems that I can't fix... And because at the time freedom 1 was under a major attack that I also couldn't fix.

You are routed to a random server that is available and otherwise it'll route between the ones online.

I've fixed a major issue with retaining players when freedom 1 dies by offering some way for people to continue having fun. No its not perfect but it's just about the best I could do in the circumstances.

If you don't like the 50/50 chance do what I've been asking people to do from the start and use the hub like it's designed.

Wild1145

• @wild1145#6870 this is an inconvenience to us all

The hub was universally disliked and the solution of the freedom. ip fixed it and the playerbass didn’t have to deal with the hub from then on

but now we have to deal with an extra problem for no reason?
    Nobody is playing on freedom-02 and having it randomly route people there doesn’t fix that

cmon man

this is just stupid as hell

• @UnderTails#6871 it's an inconvenience to you.

For the record, over 75% of players join via the standard play. Address, and as such via the hub. You seem to be just about the only person who actually disliked it.

The freedom. Address was setup to satisfy you and a couple of other people who didn't like the hub, the solution is to route it to the free op server group which originally did only contain freedom 1 and due to an issue when we did maintenance last we never re added freedom 2 back into it.

You're overstating a problem that the vast majority of our player base don't have...

Wild1145

• @UnderTails#6874 no. If you don't want to play freedom 2 go via the hub like everyone else. Or accept you might have to run the command to go back to freedom 1...

The server group specific DNS was not something that is even designed to be permanent it was there while people got used to having a hub again.

Wild1145

• @wild1145#6875

the whole server is a fuckcluster and this was just an addition to all our problems

Listen, I thought the nbt paste result was bs, but this is beyond bs

I don’t know why I bother making these bug reports and suggestions anymore

• @UnderTails#6877 the point is this isn't a bug... It's literally the intended functionality...

I literally don't want people joining game modes directly, I want them to go via the hub. It makes things so much easier if I need to do emergency maintenance or similar not to end up with people trying to join servers that are down... The fact it routed to freedom 1 has causes so many issues when freedom 1 crashes or is otherwise down and we lose even more players.

Wild1145

• People need to just use the hub. I don't support going to the server directly. I don't see an option on Hypixel for directly joining into a bedwars lobby. We want people to join through the hub. The point is that when we expand, we want people to join in a presentable world, and the obliterated flatlands spawn that is usually found on freedom-01 is not what players are expecting. It takes literally two seconds to type /freedom-02, and it will be even faster when we add the compass selector.