TotalFreedom Event Server

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Pretty self-explanatory; Basically having another server on the network for event proposes only, I believe it should contain only mini-games plugins & maps such as sky-wars, spleef, hunger games, and such. (minus TFM)

It keeps things clean and fair when comes to competitive events as such sky-wars and anything that requires fair PVP matches. ( event.totalfreedom.me 😄 )

• Vouch on the basis me and pyro host the minigames. We came up with the idea - we should host them. We can do it without the ESL, maybe some plugin additions every now and then but we're fine on our own.

We did an excellent job of the spleef with lyicx's (who left his game early due to lack of original host) and bowie's help today, so I'm sure we can do a good job the rest of the times too.

Object - reasons below

• @Ashaz#5754 That will not be taking place, if the event server suggestion was to be approved only users approved by ESL to be event hosts are able to use this server freely (That's the original idea) - Each and every event that takes place on that server should go by ESL to keep everything on track.

You may continue hosting your own events on the freeop server without ESL approval.

@simplynick#5755 if the event server suggestion was to be approved only users approved by ESL to be event hosts are able to use this server freely

why not approve ashaz then? he's shown to be capable of hosting these things (he literally prepared the entire spleef thing largely without help, especially given he used bowie's arena for most of the tournament)

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• @Luke#5758 While we're thankful for Ashaz's work for coming up with an idea such as this, but he isn't the first to suggest it. As for prepared everything without help is completely false, with the help of bowie, pyro, and even myself we successfully pushed out an event that many enjoyed while you were saying how it's gonna be a failure.

Screw me for helping I guess, jeez.

• anybody could come up with ideas for minigames, hence why only ESLs should put those ideas to practice instead of just giving every person who is good with events AESL.
    although, creating an event server will drag playerbase away from the freeop which will cause the issue of only 1-3 people being on (thus losing attraction for people to join freeop)
    neutral

@simplynick#5759 While we're thankful for Ashaz's work for coming up with an idea such as this, but he isn't the first to suggest it. As for prepared everything without help is completely false, with the help of bowie, pyro, and even myself we successfully pushed out an event that many enjoyed while you were saying how it's gonna be a failure.

Note i said largely without help. By this i dont mean he did everything, i mean he arranged everything (e.g. got bowie to make a build) and such. Please excuse my vague meaning.

Yeah i understand what you mean about not asking him to host

pushed out an event that many enjoyed while you were saying how it's gonna be a failure

I'm not gonna lie i stand by what i said as it was going to be until lyicx stepped in

Screw me for helping I guess

Yeah that's the point i was making(?)

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• @square#5761 What I was planning to suggest is having the event server whitelisted when it's not being used, so we still gonna have players on the freeop but since we're now a network, it's no longer just having players on the freeop server if you know what I mean.

• @simplynick#5763 yeah it's an issue as a whole, the more servers we add - the more split the community is going to be and so each server is going to have 3-5 people instead of 10 (freeop having more)
    what i meant was, when an event happens: the freeop is going to be rather dead (case in point: the release of the SMP) and so keeping it on the freeop will allow more people to hang out on the server, not just do the event

• object in having the events server whitelisted or only joinable based on when events are happening.

Want to spleef? grab your friends and join the spleef arena.

Want to play survival games? You can whenever there's enough people.

People should not have to wait for ESL hosted events. that is incredibly dumb and it would be extremely unnecessary as its very easy to have it automatrd

• @square#5765 While that is true, that limits our creativity when comes to mini-games which require plugins that TFM wouldn't be happy with. Our goal when comes to players is no longer having them in just one spot on the whole network, events are gonna be one of those things that keep players interested in the server rather than just building and getting bored 10 minutes later.

I'm gonna sleep on this suggestion and possibly introduce a plan that keeps a balance between freeop and the event server

• @zeseryu#5766

adding onto this its more fun just doing a /warp cos people might wanna spectate the games and by making an event server it just gets rid of the spectators

I mean the game we had today was my way of bringing a community together, it wasn't big enough but it was my intention and people were cheering for the final two. that kinda feeling will be lost if we move to event server.

• @zeseryu#5766 if we were to do that, we will need to talk about totalfreedom's future
    are we staying just as a freeop/smp with a few extra bits for building or are we going hypixel style with minigames? i remember wild was talking about some gamemodes however i'm unsure.
    with thinking about what the hub would look like with the seperate "skyblock" and "spleef" servers, it seriously started to feel like some skeppy server that i'm pretty sure some people fought against.

• @square#5769 I thought wild already told us we were adding a "mini-games" server to the TF network? I knew Seth also had that idea. Its definitely not a new one and honestly i don't know why we dont have it sooner. If you're against us potentially adding new players then you need to rethink the servers status (hint: its not good)

@Ashaz#5768 adding onto this its more fun just doing a /warp cos people might wanna spectate the games and by making an event server it just gets rid of the spectators

That's still gonna be possible with the usage of essentials, have you played hypixel before? You get to spectate after death which is one of the features I'm hoping to include.

@Ashaz#5768 I mean the game we had today was my way of bringing a community together, it wasn't big enough but it was my intention and people were cheering for the final two. that kinda feeling will be lost if we move to event server.

That wouldn't take you far; You can do so much without the proper plugins, plus, TFM allows you to do almost anything and you can easily cheat to earn coins. I assure that this "feeling" isn't really gonna go anywhere because where if there is a competitive event, people will still cheer for their fav operator or admin.

This should also be mentioned, that if we had an event server in place; Operators such as yourself can still host their own events (I believe) without ESL approval but that does also means that you will not be able to hand-out any coin prizes

Just like I said before, I'm gonna sleep on this suggestion and think about it tomorrow morning.