iiGhostman MB Application

• 1) Your current Minecraft name (IGN): iiGhostman

2) Do you have a discord account? iiGhostman#9898

3) How often you plan to be active as a MB on Total Freedom? I'd like to say daily, depending on work but at least 3-4 times a week during the evening. GMT time zone.

4) Will you help contribute to building projects when requested by the Executive Creative Designer (ECD)?: Yes I will

5) What type of building skill(s) do you currently possess (terraforming, redstone, interior, exterior): I fairly well at exterior building. I have some weird designs that just look crazy but it does look good when completed. Not too good with redstone or terraforming. Half decent at interior design.

7) If there was one thing that you would say you could improve on within your builds, what would it be? Learn more redstone to create better projects. Like entrances and and contraptions. Also improve on my interior designs and probably start from scratch at terraforming.

People who can vouch: i would like to say quack95 & i think his name is Temple, will be able to vouch for the screenshots being my build.

6) Provide several screenshots with 3+ of your own builds, without any form of shaders:

These are the screenshots of my build. This is on your server if you wish to take a proper look. I know i'm required to have more than 1 build but I haven't played minecraft since i think 1.16. So everything I have build previous has been wiped on other servers. But I thought I'd give it a try and see if you think i have any potential.

Screenshot
    Captured with Lightshot
    prnt.sc
    Screenshot
    Captured with Lightshot
    prnt.sc
    Screenshot
    Captured with Lightshot
    prnt.sc
    Screenshot
    Captured with Lightshot
    prnt.sc
    Screenshot
    Captured with Lightshot
    prnt.sc
    Screenshot
    Captured with Lightshot
    prnt.sc
    Screenshot
    Captured with Lightshot
    prnt.sc
    Screenshot
    Captured with Lightshot
    prnt.sc
  • JagWire July 9, 2023 at 9:29 PM

Approved the thread.
  • Object, your builds aren't terrible, but they aren't MB worthy either.

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

• Neutral (leaning slightly Object).

I would like to remind everyone that the applicant has made edits on the build submitted after the application. While they are not complete transformations by any means, they do add detail and change it a bunch.

To clarify, though I'm not the builder, I do believe that the three builds that the applicant has submitted is of the following:

image.png

This hits a gray line since all three of these individual units are kind of linked together into one bigger build, I do believe these can be somewhat seperated into its own unique build themselves and therefore can be treated as such.

To start off, the general creative aspects of your build has to be commended. Perhaps not implemented in the best ways, I still do see a lot of interesting ideas shown in the build and an attempt to integrate them, like a small tree on the beach build as well as the swimming pool on the ship. Technique can always be refined, but creativity cannot be replaced. For this, I do believe you have potential.

However, simply having the ideas is not enough, as you have to present them properly in a structured way. Your builds, however, looks quite "scrambled" if I had to put it in words. While each detail and each unit almost kind of work on their own, they never really work together as one build. Like the mini-hut within the first glass-roofed structure in build 2, or the tree surrounded by a stream of water in build 3 - They are all individual ideas that seem nice, but when in context seem pretty out of place. The hut is not centered within the larger structure, the front pillars having different pillar bases than the back ones; Or the tree being seemingly randomly placed within the beach area with no justification. I recommend you try making a plan first, or imagine in your head how the build should look. Before integrating a new part into the build, it is important to realize its effects on the rest of the structure as well as the purpose of that new part.

Additionally, the builds themselves are very rough. A few signs of this is that you used a lot of quartz blocks without justifying it with structural patterns or seperating it with other blocks; Often fences are placed as an attempt to add detail but they seem to not be attached to much of anything and only made the build noisy; The shapes that the build uses is quite rudimentary (a lot of diagonal or orthogonal straight lines, roof shapes are very straight-forward) - These facts all add up to leave the build looking relatively unsatisfactory. I encourage you to give another look-through to these builds and try to either polish them (reduce random clutter, make curves, add structural complexity, etc.), or you may attempt to reconsider how they are formulated in the first place.

To reiterate, I think there are certainly ideas worth being explored implemented into the builds that you've submitted - however, the general size for each build is relatively small but despite being in those spaces they don't seem too organized and the style is a bit harsh to the eyes. I encourage you to try more, either with new, larger and more streamlined builds that has a well-defined style, or going back and trying to rework your existing build and see how things can fit better together.

Hope to see an update from you soon!

C'est la vie