Re-add the Zero Tolerance Policy

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • @Miwojedk#4625

I didn't say criticising, I said discrimination.

Criticism and Discrimination are two different things.

I'm sure you know the definitions but here they are:
    Criticism is when you criticise, or judge something. Discrimination is when you treat a category of people differently due to their skin colour, religion etc

Therefore I want religious discrimination banned too with all the other stuff on this policy.

• @Miwojedk#4645 I think Ashaz is meaning that "I think christianity is dumb because (insert reason)" is fine but "I'm going to object on your application and ban you because you're a christian" is not. Regardless, it's subjective when this is supposed to be an objective policy.

• @Darth#4653 I just don't get why we're supposed to hold one belief (religion) over any other belief (e.g. ideology), when both are completely voluntary. Yeah, of course claiming all muslims are terrorists is obscene and wrong, but I don't see why it should be disallowed, unless that person is talking muslim as in an ethnic group (e.g. like Jewish can both mean a religious and ethnic grouping). This is where an Admin should be able to judge whether or not this is meant racially or simply as a disagreement with a religion's practices.
    I still think I should be free to call anybody silly for being a member of any faith. Mormon, Scientology, Muslim. As long as I am not discriminating on something that a person can't change, then I don't see why it's fair game, nor is it really discrimination, when you go off any popular dictionary's definition of discrimination:

"Discrimination is the act of making unjustified distinctions between human beings based on the groups, classes, or other categories to which they are perceived to belong." - Wikipedia

"the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, sex, or disability." -Oxford

"treating a person or particular group of people differently, especially in a worse way from the way in which you treat other people, because of their skin colour, sex, sexuality, etc" -Cambridge.

literally the top three google searches when typing "Discrimination definition"

• I vouch. I don't think what made this dramatic was the presence of the policy, but rather people who whined and complained because they weren't ready to grow up and quit using slurs. Many administrators enforce the current policy with way too much leniency and this would prevent that from happening.

• Object, for the same reason as all the prior objections: it's already in the conduct policy as section 3j. Maybe we could promote it to a section 2 offense or something (which may or may not satisfy @Panther#4742's concern), but having it be separate from the standard conduct policy while still being, like, a rule ... creates confusion and also potentially leads to people cancelling other people over innocuous (based on context) uses of words that are used as euphemisms for those groups.

...and this isn't even considering the potential for people making slurs more as a result of this separation, which wouldn't be the first time that sort of thing happened, from 09 F9 to "simp".

• I think I have already mostly covered what I want to here. This is already covered under existing policies, and does not justify it's own policy. Declined.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK