Remove skyblock

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • i'm just gonna cut the shit

skyblock was a good idea. we gave red and all them too much shit for it.

at the moment skyblock is defunct. barely anyone joins. it doesn't even have a proper staff team which is especially troublesome given the times people join it purely to spam people by pinging on Discord because nobody took the time to disable pings from DiscordSRV meaning unless you're Ryan or Hooke you cannot do shit to stop people spam pinging

remove it. we do not need it. use the server space for something else. or at the very least revamp so it a) works like a normal fucking skyblock or b) works in our own vision in line with the rest of the network instead of just sitting there waiting to be abused

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• I Vouch. This gamemode is incredibly dead, has no actual staff and was kind of half-assed, to begin with along with the fact, nobody really wanted it to begin with. Let's replace it with something that the community wants.

Also, this happened today and there was really no actual staff team for that gamemode to stop it.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• As of right now I vouch. I enjoyed the skyblock when I played it but it has just given us too many problems. Right now there's a current glitch which has been known for months which makes the entire server unplayable for players who get stuck when trying to access their island. The lack of moderation is severely worrying in cases like what we have seen - all it's used for this week has been someone exploiting the vulnerability it gave to annoy the discord playerbase.

I do not actually want us to get rid of the skyblock, but considering there have been unpatched game breaking bugs bugs from months ago and a non existent playerbase I can't see any rational reason to keep it.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Idk, if properly mantained, the server could have had a chance to survive the acquisition.

But Hooke doesn't even have file access to his own thing.

I don't want it to be just trashed, yet too many things have doomed it.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• Vouch. Unplayable, neglected, and lonely

My experience:

!- I joined Skyblock by manually entering the IP because it's not possible to join it through the hub.

• When I got logged in it made me /register. FYI passwords are in plain text because no MC auth plugin is secure.
    • I accidentally dropped an item at spawn. Instead of getting a chat message saying I'm not allowed to drop items (because common dupe exploit), it deleted it entirely with no output of any kind. This is hostile design.
    • Before making an island I visited the PvP arena out of curiosity. It was really pretty but when I entered the arena it tried to sudo me to run a command I didn't have access for. If I had to guess it'd be for gamemode or flight.
    • I was kind of stuck unless I went to an island, so I decided to make my own. I created a new island through /is and it made the island but didn't teleport me.
    • I found that odd so I went back into /is and selected the option to teleport to my island home. It started teleporting me to the same empty void every few seconds and sending a chat message every few seconds. I couldn't visit my island, spawn, or anywhere else, because it'd move me before the 5 second movement check was up.
  • Vouch for revamping it.
    Yes, in it's current form, the server is basically broken and unplayable, but i'm not sure that removing it should be the solution.

• vouch, great idea & thanks to red and hooke for making it happen. however the limitations obviously make it impossible to maintain - especially since the 'owner' of the skyblock doesn't even have file access to make necessary changes.