Let people have an opinion no matter how "stupid" it is

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Yes, we're talking about matscalle here. I will admit that his suggestions aren't the best of suggestions, but can a guy just have an opinion? One key element of freedom is allowing people to state their ideas/opinions no matter how "stupid" they may be. We shouldn't be banning people solely just because you disagree with their ideas/opinions, matscalle shouldn't have to stop posting because of it.

I know that some of you might say "but he's spamming the forum", you need to know that intent matters. I don't think that matscalle intentionally wants to spam the forum, but when you have a lot of ideas it can seem that way. He means no harm and should be permitted to post those suggestions regardless of how "stupid" you may think it is (stupidity is not against the rules).

• He does have good intentions, and I agree that banning him for trying to help is inappropriate. This is primarily why I don't support calls to ban him, because he's clearly passionate about the server and only wants to help. With that being said, all I wish is for him to think through his suggestions carefully before making them and (more importantly) be patient.

image.png

videogamesm12 With that being said, all I wish is for him to think through his suggestions carefully before making them and (more importantly) be patient.

Whatever he posts, no matter how ignorant or uninformed, should be treated with patience and respect (provided he has good intentions). I can find a handful of examples of high ranking staff members not dealing with him in this way, and instead being painfully brash and rude.

I don’t really expect non-staff members to pay this thread much notice, but if you are a staff member I do expect you to treat matscalle with patience as he does have the best intentions.

• I do agree with this, matscalle is definitely trying his hardest to make sure that the server is thriving. But one thing that he doesn't do very well (Video also said this) is thinking about the effort some of his suggestions take. While I do believe that the suggestions are very cool, and would love to see them. But they take a lot of effort that we cannot do because we are focusing on bigger things.
    I think that the punishments given to mat should be a little less than what they are now, meaning that the severity of them shouldn't be so high at the moment. Sure, he has had a few punishments before, but I think they were a little too harsh.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

• I agree with this. All of his intentions are good and I get a good impression he wants the server to be better and I have no problems with him in-game conduct-wise. He clearly isn't deliberately breaking rules, but I do feel he should put a little more thought into his posts so they don't appear as 'spammy.' And as others have said, patience is key. Unless he actually breaks a rule, there should be no reason to issue punishments on him because his posts while they are frequent, do not constitute spam or low-effort shitposting.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• I begrudgingly agree, in the past I have held reservations against a certain person (staff team knows who I'm talking about), but I came to the realization that even though what they say might sound completely incoherent, they do unfortunately have the right to their own opinion and I'm done trying to fight that. People think different things and even though they may be stupid in your opinion, its pointless to try to change that because at the end of the day that's their beliefs.