Permenent Ban Appeal

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
    1. Minecraft name: ErickpintoMC2020

2. Discord username and discriminator (username#discriminator) (if any): No

3. Approximate date of indefinite ban: April 2020

4. Reason for indefinite ban. Please do not lie and try to be sincere and apologize as applicable: The reason i was banned from this server is because i said the n word 77 times and i also was griefing the boat race with a parkour at the end of that boat race.

5. Do you agree to follow our server rules (see https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/7) and the rules in place on the forum (https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/5), and all the conditions stated above? Yes

6. Please provide the one IP that you will be using to login to the server. If you don't know it, visit ip4.me and cut and paste the result. All other IPs that you used to get indefinitely banned will remain indefinitely banned. Don't provide a VPN IP. 96.227.98.37

• @Zarcana#2560 Considering the incident in question had occurred almost eight months ago, do you really expect the appellee to demonstrate regret? I believe that expecting a heartwarming apology from an indefinite ban appeal is unreasonable, especially considering that the appeal template (which was followed in this case) does not request the subject to write on the topic of, or compose, regretfulness.

@fssp#2561 especially considering that the appeal template (which was followed in this case) does not request the subject to write on the topic of, or compose, regretfulness.

@ErickpintoMC2020#2555 and try to be sincere and apologize as applicable

The application does ask the subject to "be sincere and apologise as applicable". I would expect even a tiny hint of remorse in this application, of which there is none. Especially considering the racial slurs he used, seventy seven times at that - it is important that he realise what he did was wrong and it should show.

Object

• @redeastwood#2568 The full text of this section you are quoting contains the following:

Reason for indefinite ban. Please do not lie and try to be sincere and apologize as applicable.

The indefinite ban appeal asks for sincerity in the act of providing a descriptive reason for the appellee's punishment, and not in drafting an apology. There is no section of this appeal which demands an apology or show of remorse. In the case of "apologizing as applicable," I fail to see what is applicable about including an apology with that summary (or explanation) of the warranting action as determined by the original poster.

I reiterate my original decision as made in this player's now-expired appeal: vouch and recommendation for admin.

@fssp#2589 I fail to see what is applicable about including an apology with that summary (or explanation) of the warranting action as determined by the original poster.

You fail to see how saying the n word 77 times warrants an apology? The world really is filled with some sick people.

• @redeastwood#2590 I fail to see how using inflammatory language for the sake of being inflammatory, given this player's history of "trolling," warrants an apology with this particular issued punishment's age. If you can't tell, my remark in favor of the appellee's recommendation was facetious; while many potential reasons exist for objecting to this player's return, the "lack of an apology" does not seem to be one of them.

• @fssp#2595 If they were a troll in the past I would personally, and I'm sure many others would also expect to see some kind of change or remorse from the user in order to feel comfortable with welcoming them back into the server. If they don't show any change or remorse then I personally find it hard to believe they won't go back to engaging in the acts that originally got them indefinitely banned in the first place.

• @elmon#2598 The idea of composing an appeal with an expected tone of remorse is comical, in that it would be expected for our players to be remorseful about a punishment issued on a Minecraft server. Our administrators overvalue the impact that this server has on the members who comprise it, as if anybody is sobbing about an indefinite ban issued on here.

As for the standard of demonstrable change, I can agree with this appellee's lack of change being a constructive objection to their return. I personally have no doubt that, if unbanned, this player will do the exact same thing once again.