shdwo - Forum Ban Appeal

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

\ Shdwo This comment was unnecessary, I agree with that... and I can only imagine it was flagged as it went down pretty quickly. Definitely not worthy of a 2 week forum ban though.

True, this comment alone would not get you banned for 2 weeks. However, the circumstances surrounding it (including your behavior on other official TotalFreedom platforms and towards the individual you were making this remark towards) showed that despite the indefinite bans you received from both the Discord server and the Minecraft server, you have continued to be a disruption to this community.

\ Shdwo I don't know why this one got deleted? I mean, I literally just voted prematurely and was going to write up my reasoning in the morning...

It was deleted because it didn't provide any reasoning at all in the first place. It was also made clear several days before you posted your vote that any votes without a good reasoning would be moderated.

@Ryan While voting on these threads is exceptionally valuable, posting "vouch" "neutral" or "object" is not, and in this category such responses will be classed as power posting and subject to moderation action.

In scenarios where reasoning is required, you need to take the time to actually include a reason instead of a placeholder. While it's understandable that you were going to sleep, you could have easily waited until the next day to post your vote with the reason already included.

\ Shdwo I assume this was deleted as it interfered with another thread, however I had good intentions.

I doubt Ryan actually considered this post when he said "all deleted posts", because this is not something somebody would be sanctioned for normally.

\ Shdwo This was literally me just testing some formating...

You were "testing some formatting" on a legitimate suggestion to improve the readability of the overall template. If this is the case, then why did you click "Post Reply"? Regardless of the answer, it's still power-posting.

\ Shdwo Last of all we have this... heavens knows why this was deleted. I'm doing the exact same thing as the person above me yet they come out unpunished and without their message deleted?

\ Shdwo TL;DR: A bunch of posts were deleted without valid reason, and I get blamed for "power posting"?

In my opinion the ban was invalid and lacked proper evidence towards such a lengthy sanction. I was told it was due to "all my deleted messages in the past 3 weeks", i've happily shared them with you and you're able to contribute your own judgement on the matter.

Here we have the crux of the problem: you continue to fail to take responsibility for things you have done. While I already noted this issue in your reinstatement back in July, I feel it is necessary to include what I said at the time to demonstrate that this isn't a new issue:

videogamesm12 In case people [weren't] aware, an argument on the forums broke out ... which got heated really quickly. As a result of how heated and derailed the argument got, the thread had to be moderated significantly. Multiple users [were] temporarily banned from posting on the forums as a result of the incident, including shdwo. Instead of handling it professionally and realizing he was in the wrong, he doubled down and failed to take responsibility for his part in it.

In this case, you have decided to shift the blame to someone else for your own mistakes in an effort to invalidate your ban. In this very appeal, you have tried to bring up something extremely minor Shyrix did and tried to argue that it wasn't for you to be banned while she wasn't:

\ Shdwo I'm doing the exact same thing as the person above me yet they come out unpunished and without their message deleted?

This is not the first time you have tried something like this. When you were banned from the Discord server, you pulled a similar stunt with Anzu in which you reported her for things she had previously said and used the report to argue that you felt it wasn't fair for you to be banned while she isn't:
    https://videogamesm12.me/abvVp2zXG7Xi.png
    In both cases, it's pretty clear that the original remarks wouldn't have been brought up if you hadn't been banned from the platforms in question. Aside from the fact these cases are textbook examples of both shifting the blame and whataboutism, I also do not believe you should be comparing your cases to theirs on the basis that you have been far more disruptive to the community than they have been, which is most likely a reason why you were sanctioned and they weren't.

Object.

image.png

videogamesm12 bring up something extremely minor Shyrix did and tried to argue that it wasn't for you to be banned while she wasn't:

While I fully agree with everything else you’ve said, Shyrix and Shdwo both said the exact same thing. By claiming that what Shyrix did was “extremely minor”, you also claim that what Shdwo did was “extremely minor”. Just a small flaw I found in that otherwise well constructed argument.

Object due to Video’s reasoning.