AshazTGA Suggestion

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Hello everyone. My name is AshazTGA, and I've got a suggestion for the appeal system.

At the moment, there is no way to appeal by email. However, what's the point in preparing an email for this system? Why not make it so all forum banned users can post an appeal in the ban appeal section? That way even if they're banned in-game, they can still appeal too.

By the way, for y'all that are worrying, no this is not gonna help me right now and I won't be appealing the sanction any time soon. But it will make our system much more efficient, in my opinion.

Thanks!

• I'm gonna preface this by saying

Ashaz, you're perm forum banned. I'm happy to post appeals and stuff but you shouldn't ask others to post suggestions. If you do that, what's the point in banning you?

That being said vouch but pls don't make this a habit

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• @Luke#2114 The point of banning him was to restrict access from the forum. There is no rule that prevents someone posting something for them. If it is a legitimate suggestion, then it shouldn’t be a problem.

Object.

EDIT: Vouch for Wild's idea instead. Forms would be a lot more efficient and easily accessible.

• If you're banned from the forums, then there is no sensible way for that to be enabled either way.

The e-mail process may be re-introduced, but I'm also looking at potentially moving it to a form based submission instead, just to try to structure things better, but this can also then format things and if needed can have it automatically post it in various places if that's something that we wanted.

E-Mail is just proving to be something slightly more complex to work through, just down to some complexities and making sure it's somewhere that everyone can access it.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• The setup we had before the deletion was that I had access to banappeals@totalfreedom.me and would create a thread whenever an appeal was sent to that address.

In my opinion, allowing banned users to create posts directly defeats the purpose of a ban, namely that they can no longer use the platform. Additionally, if a user insisted on breaking the forum posting guidelines in their appeal, there would be no logical next step because they are already banned.

• The e-mail address has now been re-instated and that is how I would like these matters to be handled. A forum ban is intended to remove a user from the forum and to then give them access to anywhere would likely defeat the object of the ban.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK