Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • i feel the need to reiterate what the actual experience of miniSMP is in my mind.

miniSMP is a survival type thing in a constrained space that will dynamically move with very bare minimum rules. that just being no hacking and no hateful shit as per tf conduct. with a figure that can change whatever the fuck they please (usually myself and shyrix but at some point when permission nodes can be adjusted my side ill be willing to open this up to more people)

i personally try to have a fair share of assisting and fucking with people to not stifle shit but not to make things too same either. because realistically this isn't a standard SMP experience where you get setup and comfortable and never fucking will be. others are allowed to come fuck you over and its on you to protect your shit. normally if people are reigning supreme and going for everyone i take them out myself to not ruin the entire flow. i tend to let people have higher gear then others if everyone is rocking diamond at that point but that is usually later on when things go on out to full blown war and i get people to calm it but its always been like that

now with that being said, i personally find it insulting people asking for a normal SMP. not to myself since i basically took input when i could and kinda pioneered myself and something im really proud of making and hosting. and it feels like a spit in the face when people all of a sudden dislike it because i didn't hand everyone netherite from jump or give anyone creative or shit like that. i usually am fairly generous purely because i get sick of being asked for shit. and i can imagine the other people who had to retire such gamemodes also feel some sort of spit too. i appreciate i am angry and a bit of this is coming from the emotion more then i'd like to admit. its not fun when people unironically have spats with eachover in chat or rage quit because repeated death. i do feel also that people take this shit more seriously then is meant to be

im going to have to introduce some new measures for this. one of the new rules im instantly putting forward is constant begging for shit will just lead to mutes. if you want your shit, your first port of call should be to work for it not beg me for it. another thing i want to counter is people just rushing with fuck all and ends up getting spawn killed for it but i am not sure how i'd do that.

i want more thoughts on this. maybe the easier fix is to fuck everyone and dont give no one nothing

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

•   lyicx I suggest either nerfing or removing crackshot, as whoever gets it first is very overpowered, and its way too easy to catch people off guard and ruin what they are doing, instead of having to get close and hit them with a sword, or a bow which does less damage.

• It was very fun but i think crackshot should be removed, I liked that it was a skyisland type thing because it added a little bit of extra difficulty. I do think that it would have been nice to also have the nether and mabye even the end, but i understand if that isn't feasible

root add vivecraft. id actually join in vr just for the added chaos lmaooo

thats nothing i can test for myself nor would many people have access to use it

Tizz Another fun idea would be to make it like a roulette: you beg the god for items, the god will either give you the items or smite you.

i think thats up to the discretion of whos leading it to decide thats how it'll work tbf

Miasmus I suggest either nerfing or removing crackshot, as whoever gets it first is very overpowered, and its way too easy to catch people off guard and ruin what they are doing, instead of having to get close and hit them with a sword, or a bow which does less damage.

DragonSlayer2189 It was very fun but i think crackshot should be removed

i honestly wish crackshot could stay as i feel it suits the conflicting nature of people in this event. especially when eventually people get diamond items and netherite gets handed out theres nowhere to go from that point. i think it adds more items of value which eventually gets rolled out to everyone and adds hours onto the runtime. there's always something you can incentivize people with when this is a thing. but i get theres a balancing issue of which im not really concerned about as by the point people start getting this shit, everyone will be in like atleast diamond

DragonSlayer2189 I do think that it would have been nice to also have the nether and mabye even the end, but i understand if that isn't feasible

theres a lot of demand for the nether, i honestly prefer it off as like its just another world border you gotta fuck with and another place to watch over people and not having it adds value to netherite (although i can imagine given how small the map will be it will still be pretty valuble) it does add a bit of a complexity. im not saying i dont plan to turn on the nether but i think it will be a useful twist when eventually people start getting sick of this

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

lyicx thats nothing i can test for myself nor would many people have access to use it

i can test it, last time we used vivecraft on the main server it didn't impact performance and was fun to use because i could dance and shit
    although idk if it would work with crackshot