Looking for recommendations - Reperak

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

@'Reperak' What I mean is that you and Luke are attacking me together. You both were constantly agreeing back and forth with each other

We were attacking you by agreeing with each other?

@'Reperak' as "I was like that once too"

We were genuinely trying to help you.

These chats are all public and can be accessible here:
    https://discord.com/channels/76965…438253663248475

Let’s let the public decide.

Oh and also it’s worth noting that your response to this has significantly dampened any thoughts I had of you improving, when you deem actual advise as attacking.

@'Reperak' that person is a (alleged) alt account who was continuously rude towards other Discord members. That was not a matter of me being rude for the sake of being rude, that was me not tolerating that person's bullshit.

Even with the context it doesn't show evidence of you presenting yourself well. Admins have to deal with ignorant folks all of the time. It's quite a large part of the job. In situations like the one presented to you, you would be expected to de-escalate the situation as best as you could, not insulting someone with "You are nothing" "I've been here longer than you" and the like.

I get that it's fucking hard, trust me, there are plenty of times when I've had to hold myself back from a particularly annoying player. Working in retail has probably helped me with that.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

•   fssp So basically you expect all admins to be punching bags? You're also not known for being kind.

I've been made aware that normal people are not wanted in the TF staff, which is unbelievable but that's how it is.

• I'll also comment on the admins' response- if you want me to handle situations with malicious players calmly, why didn't you 'criticize' me calmly as well?

RedEastWood As an admin you’re meant to drop your ego and just take comments like that on the chin. Something you almost never do.

this is an interesting take which i have not heard before. i have yet to meet an admin or executive who drops their ego in the face of criticism, and i suspect that is because this is a minecraft server where nobody has any real power. i forget who said it first, but the admin meta is real. while a few of us are here to have fun and mess around, others see the server as a politics/public office simulator.

@'Reperak' I don't do much gameplay on the server, rather I just chat with friends, which means almost 100% of my time can be allocated to moderation

rep, put yourself in someone else's shoes and read this line you wrote a couple of times. i don't know you a whole lot but it was this line that made me think you're not going to enjoy admin even if you get it.

• @'Reperak' you’ve deflected all the points thrown at you lol.

The entire interaction is public, so let’s let the public decide if it wasn’t calm or if we were attacking you.

@'Reperak' I've been made aware that normal people are not wanted in the TF staff, which is unbelievable but that's how it is.

What do you mean by this? Normal people? Are we not normal?

You’re handling this criticism quite poorly, and I would know lmao

FromTimeToTime rep, put yourself in someone else's shoes and read this line you wrote a couple of times. i don't know you a whole lot but it was this line that made me think you're not going to enjoy admin even if you get it.

My intentions never were to enjoy admin, I wanted to be admin because I wanted to help TF.

• @'Reperak' I don't know how it comes as a surprise to you that administrators should be held to a higher standard than regular players. The kind of conduct displayed in my last reply to your thread would not be appropriate for an admin on any community. As for your comment about me, please notice how I'm no longer an admin.

I've been made aware that normal people are not wanted in the TF staff, which is unbelievable but that's how it is.

What makes a "normal person"? Average players should not comprise a staff team on this server... that's why applicants are expected to have some experience with this game and a track record of helping out other players.