Looking for recommendations - Reperak

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Not entirely sure if there's a template so I'm just winging it.

I'm looking for recommendations to apply for Admin. I'd consider myself to be an active member on the freedom server and I'm helpful with reporting rule breakers and dealing with hazardous situations. I first appeared on TF in 2015 with some breaks in between then and now. I'm familiar with debugging technological issues and very "tech savvy."

I don't do much gameplay on the server, rather I just chat with friends, which means almost 100% of my time can be allocated to moderation (tl;dr I'm not a fuckass)

I also hate Among Us.

If there are any questions, please ask, or DM me at Reperak#4918 on Discord.

• I have some rather serious concerns as to your handling of situations. You seem to often escalate situations into rows that just don't need to happen, and you've noticeably ignored being told to stop.

Escalation is the exact opposite of what we should be doing, and there are two recent examples I'm going to show.

https://discord.com/channels/76965…949120033886278
    https://discord.com/channels/76965…439327316975647

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

•   erin These 'examples' are biased and lacking context.

For the first one-
    that person is a (alleged) alt account who was continuously rude towards other Discord members. That was not a matter of me being rude for the sake of being rude, that was me not tolerating that person's bullshit.

For the second one-
    I have no idea what this means. If you could explain this that would be nice

• just a general thing, i'll expand more during the application process

i can get admins who aren't good at what they do at first. nobody is, people learn, such is life. i get people who make mistakes, such as myself, we're not perfect and we learn from mistakes. however when one refuses to confront their mistakes, and acts like a dick when others help them, then we have an issue. this is all based off our conversation in freedom-01 fwiw.

for example: see above to your reply to erin.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

•   Luke If I were really in the wrong there'd likely be more than you and Red flaming me. Erin's post makes more sense than yours or Red's wild goose chase and Erin's criticisms are something I'd like to work on.

@'Reperak' That was not a matter of me being rude for the sake of being rude, that was me not tolerating that person's bullshit.

That other person is not applying for admin, you are. As an admin you’re meant to drop your ego and just take comments like that on the chin. Something you almost never do.

@'Reperak' If I were really in the wrong there'd likely be more than you and Red flaming me.

I’m sorry what? Expand please.

RedEastWood As an admin you’re meant to drop your ego and just take comments like that on the chin. Something you almost never do.

So being an admin forces you to surrender your opinions? That's a shitty practice and definitely not good for the admin's mental health. I'd be extremely upset if I were holding my admins to that standard.

RedEastWood I’m sorry what? Expand please.

What I mean is that you and Luke are attacking me together. You both were constantly agreeing back and forth with each other and trying to dismiss my opinion as "I was like that once too" or something. Luke was doing the same thing he started the argument for me supposedly doing.

• I don't think you should consider applying for administrator until you can improve your temperament around players.

Code
    [CHAT] [Discord] lil turd: prepare for the worst takes ever  
    [CHAT] [Discord] lil turd: fssp doesn't listen to proper reasoning  
    [CHAT] [Discord] lil turd: I actually argue with people who can argue back  
    [CHAT] [Discord] lil turd: If you need proof, check the forums  
    [CHAT] [Discord] lil turd: You can't dismiss what I say as irrelevant  
    Code
    [CHAT] [Discord] lil turd: For the record- there's no reason to be kind to someone who is extremely rude to you  
    [CHAT] [Discord] lil turd: I made a tiny little comment  
    [CHAT] [Discord] lil turd: One message  

(Even though it's clear that you made more than "a tiny little comment" and sent several messages.)

Code
    [CHAT] [Discord] lil turd: Like I mentioned earlier- the reason I was a dick to that person is because they were a dick to me  
    [CHAT] [Discord] lil turd: my natural response is to ignore asses  

It's clear that this is not your first time butting heads with other players as evidenced by the above posts in which you defend yourself being rude if the other player is also rude. Even though that kind of behavior is common among administrators, it shouldn't be welcomed with open arms among applicants because it's never been seen as desirable. You should improve how you behave when you've been forced to alter your ego.