Indefinite Ban Appeal

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
    1. Minecraft name: Wyopia

2. Discord username and discriminator (username#discriminator) (if any):

3. Approximate date of indefinite ban: I honestly don't know. At least a year and a half ago.

4. Reason for indefinite ban. Please do not lie and try to be sincere and apologize as applicable: Again, I don't know. It's been forever.

5. Do you agree to follow our server rules (see https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/7) and the rules in place on the forum (https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/5), and all the conditions stated above? Yes, of course.

6. Please provide the one IP that you will be using to login to the server. If you don't know it, visit ip4.me and cut and paste the result. All other IPs that you used to get indefinitely banned will remain indefinitely banned. Don't provide a VPN IP.

I have since moved from the old IP, I don't live there anymore, so I don't know.

I'm very sorry for the unknown answers, but it's been forever since I've logged on. I wanted to come back, and apparently I was banned.

• Your entry in the indefinite ban list is quite old. In addition to the lack of a UUID, there also isn't a reason set in the indefinite ban entry.

Code
    Wyopia:  
      ips:  
        - [REDACTED]  

There is little information about your time here on the server. However, some backups I took of the server a few years back do provide some information. Here's what I found:

• You were indefinitely banned sometime between September 2019 and October 2019.

• The punishment log circa October 2019 only has 5 entries regarding you. All of them are bans, but only one of them has a reason: griefing. The timeframe of said punishments are September 3 - 25 of 2019. None of them have an IP that matches what was ultimately indefinitely banned.

• At the time of your ban, you did not have player verification enabled. This will be brought up again soon.

Code
      name: Wyopia  
      enabled: false  
      ips:  
    • [REDACTED]
      clearChatOptOut: false

Code
    • Your final session was on September 25, 2019. You were automatically banned for spamming while the server was lagging. However, the IP address used to do this was the one that was indefinitely banned, and it did not match any of the existing punishment log entries as mentioned before. This, along with the fact you didn't have Discord verification enabled at the time, leads me to believe you were most likely impersonated. I've included an excerpt of the logs from when this occurred.

Indeed, it has been forever. It has been nearly 2 years since you were banned, and as such I do not see a reason to keep you banned.

Vouch.

image.png

• Vouch for Video's reasoning.

Question 6 does explain how to see your current IP address to answer that. However, I think it's used to remove it from the indefbans file so it may be not necessary in your case.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• Although Video has gone through great pains to uncover the information he has, the story becomes quite obvious when looking at the original request (not accessible to most people at the moment): your username was part of a long list of names used by the serial rulebreaker Despairingly. It seems that you were caught in the crossfire because Robin, who handled the request, did not check whether any of the names belonged to actual players. Unbanned.