The ProBoards Forums

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Since Ryan has decided to lock the original discussion after Telesphoreo bumped it yesterday, and I bumped it today, I’m making this thread to discuss.

This is an important issue. The old forums are a haven for all of our pasts, the server’s past, and it was a key part of many of our lives.

Simply locking the thread will not do anything. We will continue making threads to discuss this because it is the one thing I will not let get swept under the rug and forgotten about.

I also find this absolutely hilarious. Two users bump an important thread after a whole month, and the owner goes and locks the thread.

[url=https://ibb.co/vXC6X2F][/url]

What’s even more interesting is the fact that Ryan deleted my bump, I assume in an attempt to get the thread out of the public eye.

• Ryan Wild… how could you. Give this task to somebody fucking else literally nothing is confidential LMFAO

• Thread was locked because you were power posting by bumping it less than 24 hours, and before I had a chance to write a proper update, which is in violation of the forum conduct policy. Since flarum doesn't have warnings / similar, locking the thread was the only way to stop the continued power posting on the thread.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

@'Ryan' Thread was locked because you were power posting by bumping it less than 24 hours, and before I had a chance to write a proper update, which is in violation of the forum conduct policy.

Then delete my message and warn me in DMs?

@'Ryan' Since flarum doesn't have warnings / similar, locking the thread was the only way to stop the continued power posting on the thread.

This is a lie. You have heavily moderated a shit load of threads before, deleting mass numbers of posts on a thread. Don’t tell me you locked the entire thread because I posted “Bump”.

Even if that is true, I eagerly await your response to this thread.

RedEastWood This is a lie. You have heavily moderated a shit load of threads before, deleting mass numbers of posts on a thread. Don’t tell me you locked the entire thread because I posted “Bump”.

Even if that is true, I eagerly await your response to this thread.

Was the only reason it was locked. It's continued to be pointlessly bumped and recently by yourself for example in violation of the forum conduct policy. It'll remain locked and be used to post updates as appropriate.

Wild1145

@'Ryan' Thread was locked because you were power posting by bumping it less than 24 hours

It was not less than 24 hours.

This is simple maths.

Telesphoreo bumped it at 2:24 AM on Saturday.
    24 hours from that time is 2:24 AM on Sunday.
    Which is about 12 hours ago.
    I bumped the post around 35 hours after the first bump.

You literally just contradicted yourself in how I violated the forum conduct policy.

[url=https://ibb.co/sWy0byr][/url]

• @'Ryan' There is no section 3 lol
    https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/5-forum-posting-guidelines

I assume you meant the power posting section in Category 2. There is no time threshold (the whole 24 hours thing had no weight anyways, regardless of it being wrong), and I do not think my post was “empty or nonsensical”. I wanted a reply to the thread. I had no faith that you would reply unless I, or someone else, pestered you about it. This is evident when Ivan bumped the thread a whole month ago and you didn’t reply.

Either way, I can take the “warning” on the chin. What I do want is a response on the whole forum issue. It is an issue that a LOT of the community want resolved, and soon. It has been too long.

• jesus christ yall

look i totally understand and agree with what you guys are saying. yeah, we need the old forum back asap. but what's bumping daily gonna do? ryan's gonna do it when he does it, yeah it's extremely frustrating but that's just how it is... he should be finding other people willing to do it but he isn't

that being said: did we learn absolutely nothing from Seth? how pestering and pressuring the owner isn't always a good idea? has it occurred to yall that Ryan has a lot more things to be doing? (E.g. running a company, working on the backend, dealing with our shit, as well as doing all the Java 16 shit that Mojang made us do)?

i do agree with what you guys are saying, the pb forum is a big part of our history, however can we please just chill?

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

•   RedEastWood

1. Bumping. Posting a single word or useless messages to bring our attention to a thread. Bumping is allowed if performed by the owner and admins to bring new attention to previous server rule threads, changes to a policy, etc. If you're bumping to get attention to a post that already gets attention, to begin with, the bump message and/or thread will be deleted.

Wild1145

Luke i do agree with what you guys are saying, the pb forum is a big part of history, however can we please just chill?

No man. It’s been too long. It’s been 6 months.

Ryan needs to find people willing to work on this and actually get it done.

Luke he should be finding other people willing to do it but he isn't

Which is a problem.

•   RedEastWood Yeah but like what's repeatedly bumping a thread literally daily gonna do? as you've said, it's been 6 months. you know by now, ryan doesn't get pressured into doing things... all it's doing is causing additional stress on him..

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• So right now, because you seem to be unable to let me get the forums into a good state, the community has 2 options.

1) Wait for me to get it done properly, which will involve begging Proboards support to fix shit and trying to fix permissions
    2) Delete all non-forum admin accounts, and having everyone re-register / not allowed to register at all, which will lose the detail of the posting history and any PM's / similar.

The permissions as I said on the original thread, are fucked. and I've been trying to fix them in slow time, and when I've got 10 mins between the other 200 fucking tasks I've got to do to keep TF running, but the bottom line is when Seth deleted everything, it has made so much of the forums a total mess, which is near impossible to get working how it should be, much less in a state to be properly archived for future access like we all want.

So that's the options, I'm sick of you all thinking this is some super simple job, because if it was I'd have done it six months ago. Get your heads out of your arses and either let me do what needs to be done, or accept the loss of all account data. Your choice.

Wild1145

@'Ryan' and when I've got 10 mins between the other 200 fucking tasks I've got to do to keep TF running,

Then recruit people to help you. There is a solution which you’re so clearly ignoring - get help and use it. Steven already offered to help. I have no issue in helping. If I help then I can get Shdwo to help. That’s already 3 people. 3 more people than yesterday.

@'Ryan' Get your heads out of your arses and either let me do what needs to be done,

If letting you do what needs to be done takes another year, then perhaps you shouldn’t be the one doing it.

RedEastWood Then recruit people to help you. There is a solution which you’re so clearly ignoring - get help and use it. Steven already offered to help. I have no issue in helping. If I help then I can get Shdwo to help. That’s already 3 people. 3 more people than yesterday.

If you'd bothered to read my response on this the last 100 times I covered this, it's not possible. Until we get to the bottom of the fact the entire proboards permission structure is broken, in it's absolute entirety, I can't even entertain other people doing anything, because I can't actually reliably give them permissions.

RedEastWood If letting you do what needs to be done takes another year, then perhaps you shouldn’t be the one doing it.

Then I guess we're going to have to delete all the user accounts then. As I said, those are your options.

Wild1145

• On the grounds this thread seems to be progressing in the same direction as the other one, I'm going to lock this thread. Updates will be posted on the other thread as appropriate when there are updates.

Wild1145