Application process policy draft

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  •   Luke

you dont have to be well involved to log into total freedom, see redeastwood cussing out a regular member and then object on his senior admin application.

thats exactly what i did. was my vote invalid? Im pretty Red has since improved his relations and even acknowleged it was bad in the first place.. completely valid vote and I think I even switched to a vouch on another application of his.

"However, if a player is inactive they have no way of knowing what the admin is like because they don't know the admin"

agreed. however, the way Elmon is going about marking players as inactive or active is very bad. Very bad even. see my examples of me being both active on the forums and discord but now ill get marked at "inactive"

"If you look at UnderTails' recent app, tons of random users joined the forum/randomly became active purely to vouch. It undermimes the voting system and means that votes are essentially rigged because what's stopping me getting 1 person to vote for every objection I get? What good is us having voting if any Tom, Dick and Harry can join the forum, go inactive, and vote anyway? What's stopping me getting a ton of irl friends, making them make accounts, and make them vote for me?"

what has ever prevented random users from registering and voting immediately on admin applications..... did we have ever something to prevent this on the old forums.. we had something to prevent this with the admin application process I instated. tons of players creating multiple accounts to vote on applications has almost never been a problem before, why is it a problem now?

i dont have to baby you through this man.

"What's stopping me getting a ton of irl friends, making them make accounts, and make them vote for me?"

nothing? whats preventing your friends from making a discord account, chatting amongst themselves, and then voting on your application?

its just harder for them right? thats good right? you solved the problem! No. voting should never require you to jump through hurdles and meet obligations in order for your vote to actually count. Idk if this is just a difference of opinion between me and elmon, but everyone should be able to vote unless you're permbanned. I don't see a reason on why limiting our players and their voices is ever good. I know they can give their opinion on the application still, but you don't count opinions when tallying the numbers, you count the actual votes.

applications, especially super admin applications, have always been about MOSTLY popularity contests and not actual administrative skill. are you trying to change that? good luck trying to get mostly teenagers to vote based on skill and not their friends

• Sleep-deprived Video here.

• There is nothing in this document that counters vote rigging or disallows me from voting multiple times.
    • If I have multiple Minecraft accounts supered under different IP addresses, can each account give out individual recommendations?
    • If I get banned only from the forum, can I still vote by bypassing my ban?
    • What are the active participation requirements for people with recommendations from Executives or the Owner?
    • What do I do if someone asks me for my opinion on something through a direct question?
    • What if nobody votes on a standard admin application?
    • What if something comes up that requires the voting process to be delayed (forum gets DDOSed, breached, or deleted)?
    • What if only one person votes and said vote is a vouch? Does the application get automatically approved through the ratio you provided because it counts as an "overwhelming approval"?
    • What if I am unable to use Discord (e.g. blocked in the country I live in or I am under the minimum age requirement)?
    • Can an operator become the Executive Admin Officer and then use this position to promote themselves?
    • Is bribery in exchange for a certain vote allowed?
    • If I spam the Spam and Drama board with at least 15 threads, am I then allowed to vote on applications?
    • Can I create a Senior Admin application in boards like General Discussion or Spam and Drama?

image.png

• These kinds of documents are what discourage people from wanting to involve themselves from a rather small server which has grown to become self-important and procedural in how its staff deal with the simplest of tasks, per se, voting on one's application for admin on a Minecraft server. It does not need to be laid out for people that saying "neutral" means "this person cannot make a decision," because if an applicant cannot infer this from a plethora of incoming posts which consist of "vouch," "object," and "neutral," then they are obviously not fit for that position, no? Some parts of this policy are almost dictatorial in how administrators must create threads on a forum for a Minecraft server that is supposed to be a place of "total freedom," such as specifying the exact title and format of the thread or permitting for an applicant to "refute a point they believe to be false." What if the applicant wishes to expand on a point? There are several penalties to wording these policies as if they are the law when there are no lawyers present to ensure that your law is practical.

One thing I appreciated was that "neutral" posts which did not expand on their neutrality were to be deleted. In my opinion, posts that read "neutral" should be brushed away altogether. Writing "neutral" as you vote on an application is a waste of time, because if you do not write "vouch" or "object" it is clear to me that you are neutral.