Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

@Captainclimber#926 Delwarp is a useful command and should not be restricted. Instead, add back the data removal rule where intentional deletion of server data is punishable. In this case, deletion of warps for no good purpose.

We have just had about four alts log on and spam delwarp, deleting every single warp. We cannot afford to have ops lose some of their builds because they simply don’t know where they are.

Vouch

• @Telesphoreo#1260 My current thought would be to basically end up implementing our own version of the warps system unless Essentials stores who created the warp..? Then just set it so if the warp exists it can only be overridden / changed / deleted by it's original creator or an admin?

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @wild1145#1269 it does store that data. It seems kinda stupid to do that though because then once someone does something like warp pvp or warp spawn then it's claimed by that person forever. we should probably just put a cooldown of setting and deleting warps to 1 minute or something

• @Telesphoreo#1278 But that doesn't actually solve the issue... Because then warps just get deleted slower but still deleted.

The other options are to have pre defined warps anyone can overwrite or can't set at all. Or we have to lock it down per person... I can't see a cool down being effective or fixing this issue.

Only other option would be to have the "lock" on warps expire after say 12 hours or something but that still doesn't fix the issue imho

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Here's an idea I had that might work but I'm not too sure.

We should look into how EssentialsX stores its warps data and modify it to include the UUID of the person who set it. In /delwarp, we can then add a check to see if one the following conditions are met:

• The player's UUID matches up with the UUID stored in the warps database.
    • The player is an Admin or above.

If neither of these conditions are met, the warp is not deleted. Otherwise, it is. To resolve the problem of /setwarp overwriting existing warps, we can implement a similar check but also have a check to see if the warp exists first.

The other solutions given in the posts above mine above may work, but they are only workarounds which either overcomplicate things (and end up contributing to another problem in some cases) or don't actually solve the problem in the first place.

• Implementing our own system to solve an issue like this is a redundant solution which only further bloats the already-bloated TotalFreedomMod.
    • As stated above, implementing a cooldown doesn't actually solve the problem. It just mitigates the problem by reducing how often you can use it.

Modifying EssentialsX directly is the most effective solution which is the closest to the spirit of this suggestion. It would resolve the problem at its core while also allowing players to keep using both commands as per usual.

Vouch.

image.png

• @videogamesm12#1361 exactly. Just figure out how EssentialsX handles its warps and work from there. We need to avoid bloating an already bloated TFM. If essentials is a bitch, just make your own version from scratch that solves these issues. if need be.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png