Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Herobrinebad06, 03-25-2021, 2:59:40 UTC, I was chatting with other people who were online, I was banned because a admin mistook my joke as a threat, e. The joke I made could be mistaken as a threat, I don't use hacks, pastelpanther and he told me nothing, I have reviewed the policy.

• Herobrinebad06 » i think im going to shoot up my school

yeah - not the brightest thing to say in the book. yet admins crack this shit all the time and nothing happens if i can be completely honest

• I banned you because you said the following in chat:

[22:59:00] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [VaultGOLD] [OP] PerryThePlatapus » i think im going to shoot up my school

This is a violation of rule 1i, which is actually permbannable. The rule forbids the following:

"Threatening to commit/committing illegal activities that violate US Law, UK Law or French Law on any official TotalFreedom platform. The list of countries is not the only countries where we will enforce this rule but should be treated as a general rule of thumb, illegal behaviour in general is not acceptable."

Joke or not, there is absolutely no reason to make a threat like this for comedic purposes. In similar situations, This has happened before, and the situation was handled in a similar manner. You need to wait out your ban, and consider the fact that there was no permban request filed acknowledgement that what you said was probably a joke.

• There is no way this was actually a ban. This is the most trigger-happy ban I’ve seen in a long while.

Vouch.

Can we also please think before banning someone for something they clearly did not intend? I very highly doubt this user was serious. The only precedent of this rule ever being applied (to my knowledge) was when Darth was suspended - and he was fully serious when he suggested breaking the law.

• applying my own morals to this. i vouch for release.

i do feel like this was some form of joke, probably in poor taste and not thought out. i doubt this guy would actually carry out what he said

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• @redeastwood#12660 Actually they should, it's a permbannable offence... The conduct policy is very clear on this matter.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @wild1145#12661 This is a very dangerous precedent to set. People make jokes like that all the time, and banning users for it essentially strips them of the last freedom this server has to offer. If I said "I'm actually gonna murder you shdwo", would I be banned and suspended?

• @redeastwood#12662 You would be at serious risk of being banned and suspended yes. The rules have always been very clear, if you threaten or commit a violation of UK, US or French law, you will be indef banned. The admins online are expected to exercise judgement on all sanctions, but as far as I am concerned based on the evidence here this ban was fully justified, and the OP should find themselves lucky they aren't on the hook for an indef ban.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Object, you need to think about the message you're sending when you make those kinds of threats, whether joking or not. I can guarantee if you said that somewhere off the server, you'd be in a lot more trouble, and I'm talking about possible involvement with the police. Not to mention it's an insensitive thing to say when unfortunately mass shootings are becoming more and more common throughout the US.