Regarding _PHR (Luke)'s suspension

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • So here’s what I think

Luke was originally planning on leaving anyways, and on the day of his suspension he made it clear he was leaving. In the admin chat he pushed for fionn to suspend him quite a few times (jokingly of course), he also made it clear he wanted to "go out with a bang" so to say. This is all contextual and plays no part in my further statements.

Luke left in order to

@Luke#11685 But I then decided to take 2 months away to decide what I wanted to do going further and I decided I needed to change my outlook on things if I ever wanted to return, and I did.

He also mentioned that he has "changed", and I am yet to see any tangible proof of this.

The reason for Luke's suspension is abhorrent, over exaggerated, and overcompensated for. He did not even say the n word. All he said was "I am going to say the n word". That does not in any way warrant a suspension, definitely not one for as long as it is currently. The suspension system is completely fucked. We just had an admin suspended for two weeks for literally posting their shit on the forum, and yet here we have Luke suspended for months because he said "I am going to say the n word".

Luke does not at all deserve this sanction. His attitude is not grounds for suspension of any sort.

I will say this though, if fionn has warned Luke about his attitude, and can provide evidence of this, I will happily change my vote. That would be disobeying the EAO's warnings, which is grounds for suspension.

Vouch for complete suspension overturn.

@redeastwood#11705 In the admin chat he pushed for fionn to suspend him quite a few times (jokingly of course)

It should be made clear that I was joking. I said 'what are you gonna do, suspend me?' as a joke in it's entirety. I also said this to James. It makes me think the indefinite suspension wasn't actually about my 'attitude', it was entirely out of spite because I said they couldn't.

@redeastwood#11705 I will say this though, if @fionn has warned Luke about his attitude, and can provide evidence of this, I will happily change my vote. That would be disobeying the EAO's warnings, which is grounds for suspension.

http://imgur.com/a/J7UeKaF

I wasn't warned. Feb 1st was when it happened which is in the ss

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

@fionn#11686 I'm saying your newly changed attitude is no grounds to unsuspend you lol

But I'll keep an eye on you and I'll come to a decision by may

If you retain an unproblematic attitude towards the server I'll decide if I'll unsuspend you. You'll be going on probation if I decide to unsuspend you when you return though.

• @Luke#11706 I definitely feel this Suspension was At most over exaggerated, Like red said, We had an admin suspended today For literally posting their own shit on This forum, But you get suspended for not even saying the N word. I just feel that this Suspension was More a misunderstanding, Because it should be known that you were Joking about wanting to be suspended, And i would hope that you had Calmed down in your 2 to 3 month break that you took, Because i never though anything bad Of you as a person, I just Thought you had a bit of a short temper. I do take into Consideration the Evidence that fionn had shown, And I see that as more of you joking around, Not being serious, I Didnt see you Bitching on the forums, Or i could just be blind, But that seems to me as you Joking. The f Slur wasnt really The best of things you could of said, But i would hope that you learned from your mistakes.

• @fionn#11707 As much as i dont want to agree, I feel That a probation Should be Automatically warranted After Any suspension.

• @Ashaz#11710 The admin officer reserves the right to suspend someone they don't believe is adequately fulfilling their duties as an admin, and in Luke's case he had a general disregard for actually administrating and his attitude at the time was not that of what is expected of a senior admin.

An admin doesn't have to be in direct breach of the conduct policy to be suspended; consider a job situation, gross misconduct is only one of many reasons you can be fired. If you are in breach of contract in any way (including not doing your job) you will be fired.

• @elmon#11714 Why does that warrant an indefinite suspension and not a downright removal? What's the point in inactivity removals if we indefinitely suspend people for not doing their job?

• @Luke#11715 Would you have preferred to have been removed entirely? I don't understand your point... The punishment is up to the discretion of the admin officer and the way I see it this is better for you as you actually retain your Senior Admin status (albeit suspended)

• @elmon#11716 I have to work from admin again according to fionn and I also have to go through another lengthy process just to be able to reach that point for something I feel is unfair.

What's the point in inactivity removals if the EAO can just indefinitely suspend people for not doing their job?

Quite frankly I'd have preferred to just been suspended for 3 months or whatever because what I did didn't warrant an indefinite suspension and it seems to me I only got the indefinite sentence out of spite because I said you couldn't

@Luke#11665 In Discord, I said multiple things. However, only 1 thing I said broke any rules. I said multiple times "I'm going to say the N word", however I never actually did. This therefore shouldn't be used against me as I broke no rules. However, I did use the "f slur" which I completely concede was wrong of me, and while I attempted to use it as a quote, as I'm sure some of you are aware, I don't believe context matters, rather the action itself. In total, by doing this, I broke:

Conduct Policy Section 3j.

In short, I broke one section 3 offence. However, I do believe it was quite severe as I was an admin and therefore I do believe I should have been suspended, and I am sorry for what I did. However, another thing that contributed towards the indefinite side of the suspension was continually server-banning a user who was being a nuisance to me personally. I believe I should've handled this better, however I did report this user to several discord staff in the past and they refused to take any action other than giving him a slap on the wrist. I was however in the wrong. Upon being told not to do so, I simply ignored the staff member in question. This breaks:

Admin Conduct Policy 2a. A formal warning. Not an indefinite suspension.

@Ashaz#11718

• @Ashaz#11718 Everything and anything relating to the management of admins is at the digression of the EAO. They are who I have effectively delegated to make these sorts of decisions around if admins should be suspended and the terms of suspensions and returns. In this case Fionn made the decision for an indef suspension based on the behaviour and that's within his rights to do so.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

@Luke#11717 What's the point in inactivity removals if the EAO can just indefinitely suspend people for not doing their job?

Because you weren't removed simply for inactivity? I'm pretty sure that was made pretty clear already I don't have to repeat what myself and fionn have already said.

@Luke#11717 I have to work from admin again according to @fionn and I also have to go through another lengthy process just to be able to reach that point for something I feel is unfair.

That I wasn't aware of but regardless, you weren't doing your job so frankly you get what you get. You clearly had a no-fucks-given attitude towards TotalFreedom as a whole so I don't know why do you expect to be entitled to your position

@Luke#11717 Quite frankly I'd have preferred to just been suspended for 3 months or whatever because what I did didn't warrant an indefinite suspension and it seems to me I only got the indefinite sentence out of spite because I said you couldn't

The indefinite sentence is given because the attitude you had was pretty persistent so we had no way of knowing how long it would take for that to change. If it has changed since then, then great and I hope your journey back to Senior is quick.

@elmon#11721 That I wasn't aware of but regardless, you weren't doing your job so frankly you get what you get. You clearly had a no-fucks-given attitude towards TotalFreedom as a whole so I don't know why do you expect to be entitled to your position?

Because I expect to he treated the same as everyone else. Having a poor attitude isn't against the rules nor should I be held to any higher standard for it. Someone literally posted shit on the forum, and based on their attitude they don't care either yet they only got a 2 weeks suspension. Am I right in saying thats the same Yukari that's been banned several times prior?

@elmon#11721 The indefinite sentence is given because the attitude you had was pretty persistent so we had no way of knowing how long it would take for that to change. If it has changed since then, then great and I hope your journey back to Senior is quick.

There's no way it was about my attitude. If you wanted to ensure my attitude changed you could've warned me beforehand. You know, 'Luke, you need to stop doing this before you get removed'. Or even better yet just let me get removed for inactivity. Instead you just made sure I got suspended because I said you couldn't, even as a joke. I wasn't even aware that my attitude was causing issues to the point where I could've been removed for it? In fact, Fionn even encouraged this shit by telling me to ragequit, other admins also engaged in the same shit I was doing?

@Luke#11665 In Discord, I said multiple things. However, only 1 thing I said broke any rules. I said multiple times "I'm going to say the N word", however I never actually did. This therefore shouldn't be used against me as I broke no rules. However, I did use the "f slur" which I completely concede was wrong of me, and while I attempted to use it as a quote, as I'm sure some of you are aware, I don't believe context matters, rather the action itself. In total, by doing this, I broke:

While you did not necessarily say the word in the full format, you had on multiple occasions skirted around it, and it was very clear the point you were making, and what you were effectively saying. Just because you swap a letter around it doesn't mean it's not very very clear what you were getting at... The fact you continued to do this, then disregarded the instructions of multiple members of staff (Discord and server staff) was what resulted in your ban on Discord, you were disrespectful and out of line especially considering you were a senior admin at the time.

@Luke#11665 I was banned from the Discord as well as this. I believe an indefinite suspension is quite frankly unfair; another admin previously got suspended for using the same word as me. She was initially suspended for 2 weeks, and then it got made indefinite when she did it again. In short, she had a second chance. I never got said second chance.

Precedent doesn't really make a difference as far as I'm concerned, it's there as a guide, but the EAO ultimately reserved final rights to decide what a fitting punishment is. If anything the fact someone had already been suspended combined with the fact you were a senior admin in my head means it should be even more clear that the behaviour was utterly unacceptable.

@simplynick#11698 (Isn't part of TF platform)

For the record, and as I have said before. It was, a chat that is used for the exclusive purpose of discussing the servers management especially when I'm also in the chat, made it pretty obvious it was official.

@simplynick#11698 A common problem I kept seeing in TF that some people reserve less punishment than other people but still under TF's conduct policy, Admin Policy, ZTP and the Discord Policy for fuck knows.

That's because generally speaking these things come down to judgement and those with the ability to issue those punishments are expected to use sensible judgement... We don't strictly apply "Saying thing X = Ban Y" because that's not a sensible way to run things.

@redeastwood#11705 That does not in any way warrant a suspension, definitely not one for as long as it is currently.

I disagree, an experienced senior admin who was provoking our player base and other admins is wholly unacceptable and is not just bad for the immediate term when the incident occurs, but can damage our reputation and set a bad image for admins...

@redeastwood#11705 I will say this though, if @fionn has warned Luke about his attitude, and can provide evidence of this, I will happily change my vote. That would be disobeying the EAO's warnings, which is grounds for suspension.

There were a number of warnings issued on the day and in the days running up to this by a number of people ranging from admins to discord staff to me...

Wild1145

• As far as I'm concerned I've seen no evidence to suggest that you were suspended for no reason, and by your own admission you agree you should have been sanctioned.

With that in mind, as far as I'm concerned you should need to go through the full indef suspension return process. You were out of line and were punished for such behaviour, I think if anything this sets a worse precedent by letting admins just talk their way out of poor behaviour because they decided they don't agree with the punishment, which isn't how this works.

At the end of the day this is down to fionn but that's my view.

Wild1145