Regarding _PHR (Luke)'s suspension

• Good afternoon ladies and gents, I'm here not to reverse my suspension entirely but rather attempt to shorten the length in which it is. I will explain what I mean shortly.

By no means am I saying I am innocent or broke no rules and by no means am I trying to excuse what I did. I am however attempting to adjust the punishment so it is in line with precedent, and is fairer than it was.

My suspension thread is here. I will be referring to it within this post.

1. What did I do

In Discord, I said multiple things. However, only 1 thing I said broke any rules. I said multiple times "I'm going to say the N word", however I never actually did. This therefore shouldn't be used against me as I broke no rules. However, I did use the "f slur" which I completely concede was wrong of me, and while I attempted to use it as a quote, as I'm sure some of you are aware, I don't believe context matters, rather the action itself. In total, by doing this, I broke:

Conduct Policy Section 3j.

In short, I broke one section 3 offence. However, I do believe it was quite severe as I was an admin and therefore I do believe I should have been suspended, and I am sorry for what I did. However, another thing that contributed towards the indefinite side of the suspension was continually server-banning a user who was being a nuisance to me personally. I believe I should've handled this better, however I did report this user to several discord staff in the past and they refused to take any action other than giving him a slap on the wrist. I was however in the wrong. Upon being told not to do so, I simply ignored the staff member in question. This breaks:

Admin Conduct Policy 2a. A formal warning. Not an indefinite suspension.

2. What are you proposing to change

I was banned from the Discord as well as this. I believe an indefinite suspension is quite frankly unfair; another admin previously got suspended for using the same word as me. She was initially suspended for 2 weeks, and then it got made indefinite when she did it again. In short, she had a second chance. I never got said second chance.

Therefore, I propose that, due to previous indefinite suspensions on me, my suspension gets reduced to 3 months from the 1st of Feb. That means the earliest I can reapply (without going through the usual indef return process) will be the 1st of May 2021. I believe this is fair and in line with precedent. As I said, I concede I did wrong and I am not going to pretend I didn't, but I believe an indefinite suspension was overkill for what I did. I am also more than happy to restart as an admin and have to reapply to become SrA again.

I'm more than happy to debate extending the wait time longer should anyone wish.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• your suspension was more so because of the fact it was evident you didn't care about the server, and your actions clearly reflect that

you very clearly knew what you were doing here and regardless, decided to say something that is obviously very similar to the n-word & then you sarcastically played it off as a joke

here you also sarcastically played it off as a joke, instead this time you actually said a slur lol

also gonna just repost these

like I said to you privately, your attitude towards the server along with these culminated into something indefinitely suspension worthy

@Luke#11665 Admin Conduct Policy 2a. An informal warning. Not an indefinite suspension.

don't forget this
    3h. Repeated violation of any rules listed under Category 2

• @fionn#11679 Why is my attitude grounds for an indefinite suspension? I don't quite understand how one's attitude can be breaking the rules. Even if I disagree with that though, it's still a reason I guess.

I do still feel it is fair that I get the suspension reduced. My attitude has changed since then, and I don't plan to reinstate (even after May 1st should this go through) until I can ensure I have time to play, so that this doesn't happen again.

@Luke#11680 Why is my attitude grounds for an indefinite suspension?

Did you not read the post at all like did you just skim through it or something

I said your attitude as well as these actions it's not just your attitude that resulted in an indefinite suspension

@Luke#11680 I don't quite understand how one's attitude can be breaking the rules.

Why should we have admins with a poor attitude on our staff team

• @fionn#11681 As I said, my attitude since then has changed and I don't plan on immediately reinstating. Once I do, I will take being admin and having to reapply for SrA.

@Luke#11682 As I said, my attitude since then has changed

But your attitude when you were indefinitely suspended wasn't changed so I don't see how I should unsuspend you if your attitude has only changed now, and not before the fact.

If I was to remove your indefinite suspension, I'd require you to reapply for admin, too.

• @fionn#11684 I don't understand what you mean. My attitude didn't change before the suspension. No, of course it didn't, that's why I was suspended. But I then decided to take 2 months away to decide what I wanted to do going further and I decided I needed to change my outlook on things if I ever wanted to return, and I did. I can't go back and change my attitude then but I can going forward. I'm not asking you to instantly unsuspend me; I'm saying take the next few months before May 1st to review whether or not I should be unsuspended.

How about this: set May 1st as a deadline but, should you feel I need more time as a normal user, extend it further, even if you have no proper reasoning. I'd have no objections to that

@Luke#11685 I don't understand what you mean. My attitude didn't change before the suspension. No, of course it didn't, that's why I was suspended.

I'm saying your newly changed attitude is no grounds to unsuspend you lol

But I'll keep an eye on you and I'll come to a decision by may

• @Miwojedk#11690 The majority of the core from the ztp already exists in other policies which I think was the point here.

I've not had a chance to read through all of this properly but will read and put my 2 cent in later.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• While my original statement of saying the F word was from a leaked screenshot of the private exec chat (Isn't part of TF platform) and which is why you were banned (Or part of the reason), I believe that the action taken towards Luke was too much but it still broke ACP, as for the discord ban, you shouldn't have been indefinitely banned since it falls under Bannable Offence for a certain period of time.

A common problem I kept seeing in TF that some people reserve less punishment than other people but still under TF's conduct policy, Admin Policy, ZTP and the Discord Policy for fuck knows.