Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • so yeah im like indefinitely banned for “breaking uk copyright law” because i set my pfp to the atlas media group logo. idk if that constitutes breaking the law, but there are probably other reasons i coulda been banned for other than using a company’s logo as my pfp. it did no harm whatsoever. i was wondering if this is up for discussion.

also free my homie flobbier

• The logo is protected under UK copyright law and you violated that copyright law which is why you are indefinitely banned. Unsure if I listed it as cat 0 or cat 1 from memory.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @'Ryan' And you didn’t warn me beforehand? I mean a simple warning would have been nice; I would have removed the profile picture at your request. Don’t you think this is a very strict punishment for something that one did no harm and two could have easily been fixed with a simple “Hey, please don’t use my company logo as your profile picture”

•   Ivan yeah the average player does not know the entirety of uk law down to specific copyright laws. weird that on a global platform like youtube, a punishment for a similar act would be a warning or a removal of the video in question; yet in this tiny community its enough to ban somebody for months. ass backwards

• If you think about it, Ivan was just advertising your company. But you, Ryan, take everything too seriously in my honest opinion. There was no warnings before hand or anything, just a straight up indefinite ban. 100% unjustified in my eyes, also free flob 🙏

• ryan: your leadership habits will cost you friends.

we depend on you to make fair judgements, but for months you’ve been inconsiderate. players in vc i’ve never heard of casually talked of you as a tyrant today. and.. you blow off every opportunity to change course.

you dislike Ivan & Flobbier so you came up with easy excuses to eliminate them. you had no mature response to jwmphall so you locked his thread. you continue to overrule and be a bully rather than a leader.

you must work on that in order to keep around your friends, employees, and players. your role does not make how you treat others okay. you take it all for granted and it shows.

• I don't believe this was a valid ban. You don't see people getting sent to court for having Netflix's logo or Youtube's logo in their profile picture. It is not Ivan's place to be familiarized with UK Laws if he's not a UK Resident, and therefore, it should be made more clear about the rules and laws if it is for us to be followed. If he had also not received previous warnings, then again, this is an invalid ban. Bans from the server should not be based off company policies, and that's one thing many people are frustrated about-- that TF is under a company and not standalone how it once was.

• Let me clarify the reasoning.

Using the logo without permission is a violation of copyright law. Now that's why you were banned.

I could have forgiven that on its own as you just being petty and having it out for me, because that's not unusual here.

The issue comes when you then state you work for my company and are going around telling people that when you clearly are not.

That's the reason you're banned. Breaking UK law and damage to my business.

EDIT: Embedded picture.

Wild1145

• @' 5 ' Your argument would be great, but as I've said before people here don't want me to be their friend, they want me to be their bitch. I tried being friendly and letting everything slide and frankly it did more damage both to the server and to my health. So instead I've gone back to how I always was when I was active, someone who won't take any shit.

I've explained further down in this thread why this ban was justified and the fact the ban reason was the tip of the iceberg.

I also should once again stress, I genuinely don't care what people say / think about me the majority of the time. Ivan and flobbier were both individuals that pushed the rules constantly and a lot of staff were fed up that they were allowed to stretch the rules to breaking point without getting sanctioned.

There are few to no people on TF for the record that are a "friend" and I'm honestly not here to make friends, I'm here to try to run a network and try to grow it, having people in the community that actively push new arrivals away because of their behaviour doesn't help, and quite honestly I don't care if I don't make any friends on here. My view on TF has changed significantly over my ownership and I have no need for everyone to be my friend here.

Wild1145

•   taah Individual has received plenty of earnings for misconduct, not to mention this will have broken us law and most global copyright laws.

Also see my response after yours where I explained it in more detail.

Wild1145

• @'hppybd' read the post. Please for God sake read the post as a whole.

And yes, very sure because most of them I issued.

Wild1145

• @'Ryan' but you dont see companies such as Google screwing you over if you have their logo as their pfp, thats how you drive away people if you are going to punish people for stuff like this. It has done literally no damage to your business, but I would like to hear what you think is damage to your business

•   uvb You clearly didn't bother reading my earlier post. Go back and read it and see why it wasn't only the pfp.

Also fwiw Google and other big companies will fuck you up if they do find you using their content.

Wild1145

@'Ryan' Also fwiw Google and other big companies will fuck you up if they do find you using their content.

I used a stupid google profile pic for too long to know that that is incorrect. But your decision is your decision and you arent gonna change the outcome anyways so theres no point in me talking

•   uvb did you also go around telling people you worked for Google and were representing their company?

Also again, this wouldn't be a problem but it got back to me it was happening which is when it does become a problem. If you're going to do stupid shit make sure it doesn't make its way back to me or you will be punished accordingly.

Wild1145