Indefinite Ban Request - Ashaz

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • @zeseryu#5901 I tried explaining the situation but he just wouldn't listen; No faked logs that I'm aware of but only discord screenshots out-of-context.

Ashaz knew what he was doing and to lie in a report is unacceptable, I only got my AESL back 16 hours later but it wasn't so easy. I don't think permabanning Ashaz is a good idea and you're right but I believe an indefinite ban is an appripoate sanction. Every time he comes back from a ban, does something completely stupid.

• The Response

Alright, so for starters, I'd like to let you all know this wasn't some 'masterplan' to get Nick's position, because firstly, I am not an admin, and secondly, my response to the photo was in response to a joke Darth made.
    This was the joke:
    https://imgur.com/a/f5y4a1V

Now for the main course. Let's go through the rules that Nick thinks I should be permbanned for.
    1e - How have I framed Nick? I used my evidence and put my viewpoint, which isn't framing at all. I didn't go and delete FTP logs, or I didn't go and inspect element some evidence to make it look like you did something. I just put my side and backed it up with the evidence I had, how is that framing in any form?

1h - I'll admit, I anonymously reported you to Wild with the intention of Wild just dealing with it. I didn't mention suspension or warning or anything like that, why should I? Wild is the owner, and if he had discussed it with the right people (which I believe he did) then the right outcome would've come out, and I think it did.

Now I'd like to ask everyone something. When did I say Nick took all the credit? He did mention me in the thread, I just said that bowie and pyro and lyicx, who helped a lot, should've been mentioned too. I'm not gonna provide false evidence or a false 'witness statement'. People keep using evidence from BEFORE the thread was posted with the results. I asked nick for some credit for me and pyro in the server BEFORE it was posted and the evidence is being used in the wrong way, as if it is in the wrong timeline.

I hope you all read through, and please understand it is hard to argue my point when I have pretty much what feels like everyone going against me on this

• just a misunderstanding at best clearly, if you can get banned for misremembering or a misunderstanding then we should really look back at when darth "misremembered" that he built miwos build and miwo griefed his build.

idk if i can object on these but object

@Tozzit#5914 he says they lose credit

He said they lose all credit. You've missed out that crucial word. That means according to Ashaz, he got no credit. We have logs and actual evidence proving that Nick did in fact give Ashaz a lot of credit.

• I object.

First of all, I don't think you should've ever been removed from ESL team, even if what Ashaz said was true (which I have no clue which side is the truth). This just seems like you are "getting back" at Ashaz for overexaggerating a report. You are overexaggerating this indefinite ban request as well. It is a real stretch to say that Ashaz was trying to frame and harm you.

No one in this situation deserves punishment as severe as an indefnite ban.

• @Xen#5918 I'm not overexaggerating this ban request, he lied in order to make myself look bad in front of everyone and even cost me my exec position. I'm not gonna dismiss this because he doesn't want to listen and understand the whole situation, instead, he kept lying in-game, in-discord, and on the forum.

I had enough of his bullshit, I didn't wanna be the star of this shitty show. All this happened because he doesn't know how to communicate without causing a problem.

He claimed that I do so many things to make me appear guilty and for him to look like a righteous lad. I'm not gonna have any of it.

• @Ashaz#5920 You didn't even provide the whole context. You know you tried to hide the contents of that message, and here's why.

[url=https://ibb.co/g9fmKLR][/url]

The complete message shows you once again isolating and removing Nick from the event.

@Ashaz#5920 This was about before/around the event actually started

So you wanted to isolate Nick before the event started. Good to know.

Everyone should pay close attention to how Ashaz continuously contradicts himself. Earlier when he claimed to have never said he was stripped of credit, and then an ss was provided; and now when he evidently hides evidence because it makes him look bad.

@Miwojedk#5893 Is a set threshold for a permban a thing?

It is but it tends to be used only in exceptional circumstances, or where the individual has a history of self-requesting and appealing in short durations, which tend to undermine the purposes of the self-request and waste our time. Occasionally it's also used where we want to ensure a "Lesson is learnt" but it's rare we use them.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @simplynick#5919 Framing others would be framing them for breaking rules listed in the server conduct policy. This isn't "framing" it is over-exaggeration. His intent was not to get you removed or replace you. He filed a report that was not 100% accurate but was not to "frame" you. It seems that it was out of frustration that led to an inaccurate report. Harming others is also nowhere in this case. Harming would be like bullying. This is not harmful. If we are considering this as "harming others," then we should be filing indefinite ban requests for a lot of people including some admins.

@simplynick#5875 Another example of low-standard behaviour (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/76…474/unknown.png)

I don't understand how this is an "example of low-standard behaviour" when all he was doing was bragging about his event host role.

@StevenNL2000#5891 Two other parts are not clear: first, did Ashaz intentionally lie about some details, or did he just misremember them? Second, when Ashaz asked Darth to be your replacement, was that his plan all along, or was it just opportunistic?

1) I misremembered.
    2) It was neither, it was a joke because darth put 'lmao' at the end of 'if anyone wants to replace nick send me a dm lmao'.

I apologise if I've missed a few details here and there, I was under a lot of pressure and only just now I've calmed down.

• So, time for my 2 cent, which I'm sure you're all thrilled to read. I'll split it into 2 chunks given it seems we're already a mile off topic and I can't easily split this thread out because fuck Flarum

Relating to this appeal

I've yet to see any actual evidence that either of the reasons listed in the OP here were met. Specifically

@simplynick#5875 e. Framing any (ex)member of TotalFreedom.

From what I've seen while the evidence may have lacked the full context, what was there was accurate... No evidence provided within your OP suggests that you were framed. While I am in agreement that potentially the evidence on the thread you made wasn't all given in good faith, actually a report had come to me shortly after the event, and I haven't had the time to investigate it. I had raised the concerns more generally with Darth along with my own concerns around how this particular event happened.

@simplynick#5875 h. Attempts to harm any (ex)member of TotalFreedom.

The only real "Harm" was arguably to your reputation, but given you've been re-instated to the position, I would argue that's clearly not been the case in reality (You might have been able to make a case, but you're already re-instated so clearly couldn't have been that bad).

I haven't seen anything at all that satisfies me that this is a justified ban, and doesn't feel necessary or proportional to the way in which we would process an indefinite ban.

The event and the shit show that was.

I'll pre-fix this part with the short part, I'm pretty pissed at how horrifically the entire thing was handled, and quite frankly am disappointed in how it was handled from the planning to the aftermath, the entire thing would suggest nobody involved could have organised a piss up in a brewery even if they fucking worked in a brewery... I'll also say I've already started to rip Darth a new one, and been ripping him an increasingly sized new one as this has unfolded.

So let's start with the bit for me that I think started all this. The definition of "Official". Now, I'm with a few of the folks here where when I see something deemed "Official" by any of my executive team, I would expect there to be some sort of oversight in place by the ESL Team, I can see it not necessarily being managed by them, but if we're giving away coin's I'd be expecting someone to be in place to oversee things and make sure that we're not giving coins out to rigged competitions / events...

The fact that the event didn't start on time, and the fact that nobody was around from either the ESL team or those organising the events looks just unorganised, and to be honest the fact it went ahead I think is a small miracle... It did start late, because I was in server chat watching. I can't speak for if the event started more than once, or anything like that, but from what I did see in server chat I wasn't happy or impressed.

Then there's the aftermath, this thread and the shit show with it... I'm not sure what has annoyed me more, the poor way this has been handled with the original removal of Nick's status, this entire thread and all the other chat's I've seen around.

The entirety of this is at best bad PR and at worst just one of the biggest shit shows I've seen on this server in some time.

So I'll be holding my own investigation into things, and I'll decide how many heads I want on sticks, and what I want to do from there...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK