Long-Term Ban Request - spox/markbyrn

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • 1. Username, UUID, IP(s), and short ban reason for each offender.

Code
    markbyrn:  
      uuid: '7febc9e7-1775-4d5a-9c2b-e7d2b356700b'  
      ips:  
      reason: 'Impersonation, constant trolling, rude and NSFW remarks (alt of spox).'  
    spox:  
      uuid: '9aa3eda6-c271-440a-a578-a952ee9aee2f'  
      ips:  
      reason: 'Impersonation, constant trolling, rude and NSFW remarks.'  

2. What did they do?

spox, under the alt of markbyrn joined the server to make various rude and NSFW remarks. It's common knowledge that NSFW remarks aren't allowed and markbyrn joined and trolled and made remarks such as the one contained below. Aside from the NSFW remarks, the usage of the `markbyrn` account also violates rules regardong impersonation given the account's username is quite close to that of Markbyron's, the founder of TF and even said he *was* markbyron in the in-game chat.

3. What indefinitely bannable offense does this fall under according to the guidance for sanctions?

New Policy:

1. Respect & remain mindful of other members of the community.

5. Don't pretend you're someone you are not.

6. Don't make it awkward for staff or other players to interact with you.

7. Be mindful of players younger than yourself.

Old Policy:

1b. Repeated rule-breaking (recurring category 2 & 3 offenses or punishment bypassing).

1d. Impersonating any (ex)member of TotalFreedom.

3f. A tag/nick/similar that implies an official rank or similar that they do not have or one that impersonates another player.

4. Add logs and/or screenshots of the occurrence here, and tag any witnessing staff. Evidence of previous offenses that are not the direct cause of this request can also be added here.

Pretending to be markbyron:

Screenshot_20230718_184138_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20230718_184124_Discord.jpg

Example of one of the things said.

20230715_022355.jpg

Confirmation markbyrn is spox.

image.png

5. Are they known under any other names or IPs, and if so, are they currently (indefinitely) banned under those names and IPs? This information is used to keep track of ban bypasses. This is fionn.

6. Duration of the ban (Set a duration that reflects the severity of the offence.) 2 months.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

Edited 4 times, last by Alco_Rs11 (July 18, 2023 at 11:51 PM).

• Vouch for 1.5-2months. We don't need shit like this. If it were just for NSFW stuff, then I'd probably vouch for a weeklong ban at most; impersonating Mark on the other hand is a much more serious offense.

Also for the record, he DM'd me asking how this request is going so far. Makes me think he might change his behavior to avoid a ban:IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0862.jpeg

Gommeh

Super Admin - January 15, 2015

Super Telnet Admin (rip) - May 15, 2015

Senior Admin - July 19, 2020

Discord Moderator - July 19, 2023

Developer - July 26, 2023

Edited 3 times, last by Gommeh (July 19, 2023 at 12:04 AM).

• i feel like an lbr is too much for some nsfw remarks

it wasn't just for that, it was for impersonating Mark too

Gommeh

Super Admin - January 15, 2015

Super Telnet Admin (rip) - May 15, 2015

Senior Admin - July 19, 2020

Discord Moderator - July 19, 2023

Developer - July 26, 2023

• Vouch, man fell off too badly and was seriously trolling, and impersonating mark is just not acceptable. I don't support this behaviour and the NSFW remarks are honestly unacceptable

meow-upscaled.png

• Alco_Rs11 July 24, 2023 at 10:00 PM

Closed the thread.
  • Alco_Rs11 July 24, 2023 at 10:01 PM

Opened the thread.
  • Alco_Rs11 July 24, 2023 at 10:01 PM

Closed the thread.