Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I think the hub server is only going to do damage to our player base and turn away new players, which is why I oppose it.

im glad that the new ip to the freeop works or I would be a ton angrier, but I think this is going to turn off returning players if they randomly type the ip and think we’ve just become a generic server.

and hub based servers that aren’t the 5 or 6 super servers are generally despised in the mc community, idk this is just my personal experiences

• Hey Jenny 🀣 πŸ‘Ό 😍 it's michelle πŸ˜› 🀣 😎 You are so funny!!! ✝️ 😎 πŸ˜† how are you doing in this COVID thingy πŸ˜‚ πŸ€ͺ Xo, micchelle 🍷 πŸ˜† #WAP.

• omg you silly gooses!!!! 😍 πŸ˜† 🀣 i hope you and the kids are thriving! #livelaughlove 😍 πŸ₯° πŸ˜† tell them aunt michelle says hi! where's my invite!!!! 😍 πŸ˜… ☹️ #WAP ✝️ πŸ™

• @UnderTails#3579
    it won't damage our playerbase, if people are so disgusted by a hub world of all things they probably won't be active members of our community in the first place and really? 20 blocks (hopefully some item that shortcuts this) or a freeop. extension to the ip? it's not that hard that you make it out to be
    the hub hasn't affected free-op at all, only the means of accessing it, so i just find the argument really dumb that it makes the server "worse" when in reality it does the opposite
    more players will leave due to crashed servers (stuck in menus) and so the hub allows them to parkour or talk in the mean time which really doesn't detriment anything
    it also allows for easier access to gamemodes (which wild himself said he was adding more in the future) and so instead of browsing smp.totalfreedom freeop.totalfreedom, etc, which will fuck with advertisement this is MUCH more easier
    i have never heard that people "despise" hub servers but that's just me

• @square#3582 I think his point was that having a hub like the one we have now gives the illusion that the server is your typical everyday server with very typical everyday features. That can drive away players that want something fresh and new. Although the game play of the server remains the same, not all new players are going to look at that. They are going to judge by what they are given, a hub should demonstrate what the server is about and I just don't think that this hub does a very good job at that.

With that being said, I do agree with Darth's point of how hard the build team worked on this and therefore I think it would be to rash to remove the hub immediately. Personally, I think we should just give it time and see what we can make of it.

• @burger#3603 hypixel skyblock is fresh and new, but you connect to it via a hub so oh well
    refer to my previous argument, if an operator doesn't want to join a server because of the hub - they're not going to be long on the server in the first place
    agreed with kae

• Right so the hub server is designed as the first start to expanding TF into being a larger community with much more playable content its not a point if you like it or not I get it can be frustrating to connect to the server you want currently but that is why we added the direct connect IP's overall this is a good thing for TF and should be celebrated that were actually moving somewhere as opposed to just standing still it makes TF more presentable other than having a griefef spawn which a lot of people join and feel intimidated by (trust me its how I felt) now we have a nice hub that our Master Builder team worked hard to create and it looks amazing. Ultimately at the moment the hub does very little to add to the sever currently but it is the first step in a long plan for the server. I know change is scary but trust me freeop as it is isnt going anywhere just other bits will be added.