Be able to customize what rank colors look like for you

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Pretty simple, have a command that is somewhat similar to what /myadmin oldtags used to be, where you can change what color a rank will have.
    For example: /setcustomrankcolor (or probably something shorter) Exec 9 and then Executives would show up as &9 instead of &c.

I was also thinking of maybe changing what the rank's name could be, but I feel like this could be used for abuse, but I will put screenshots of it being used here, and it can be up to (if this is approved) Ryan or Steven to add the option to change rank names for you.

Obviously, this will not change in tab, because tab uses /teams, but it would change this in /list, /o (if you're an admin) etc. I thought of this idea because I use the really old adminchat format from the TFM 4.3 days, and I thought it would be cool if I could make Admin also look somewhat nostalgic.

• I'll have to object here, this sounds like a fuckload of pain for the devs to have to make it so every instance of a role is changeable per player, and also would mess up things like join messages which some people have made specifically to fit their roles (like mine for example which completely falls apart if you add or remove even a single character). Though if it's just the old colors you want, I remember there used to be a toggle for something like that, but i don't know if it still exists

• i'm just thinking how this would be developed and it seems that each message would have to be sent to each player individually instead of a global broadcast which would probably not be good for the peformance of the server

object

• if i recall, there is /myadmin setacformat which allows for what you're wanting to do

1gaah.png

•   RedEastWood

Looking back the main reason that was denied was because I don't think people (including myself) understood that the colour changes were only visible to the player who changed them.

I think a lot of the objections came from players thinking the tab list would look like a rainbow to everyone.

Tbh, I vouch, as long as the default colours are generally accepted I don't entirely see an issue with this.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• wild1145 November 1, 2022 at 8:35 PM

Closed the thread.