Discord Appeal #3

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

Ivan Except it’s different when it’s straight up criticism and not harassment

The way you worded your criticism was blatant harassment.

“You are literally a piece of shit”
    “please stop acting like a fucking dictator all big and scary and shit.”
    “Just be a normal person.”

Ivan he almost deleted the server because someone decided to call him obese

At that point the server was far from sustainable. Player counts were at an all time low, and morale was generally quite low too. The only aspect of TF that showed potential for growth was the community, but the creation of a harassment forum clearly proved otherwise. As the community aspect was (as far as Ryan was concerned) a platform for bullying and harassment, his decision to delete it (while brazen) can be justified.

RedEastWood “You are literally a piece of shit”
    “please stop acting like a fucking dictator all big and scary and shit.”
    “Just be a normal person.”

He was literally being the definition of a piece of shit? He was deleting my posts for what seemed like breaking the rules then undermining authority. He let his anger spew into rage; which is not normal. Bro made an entire criticism thread about him off-topic.

RedEastWood At that point the server was far from sustainable.

Still is

RedEastWood Player counts were at an all time low, and morale was generally quite low too.

Still is, and still is. All the funny people are now banned

RedEastWood The only aspect of TF that showed potential for growth was the community, but the creation of a harassment forum clearly proved otherwise.

Are you seriously blaming the fault of TF growing because of a Flarum forum? The reason TF isn’t growing is because it’s named TF and it’s very restrictive…

RedEastWood As the community aspect was (as far as Ryan was concerned) a platform for bullying and harassment, his decision to delete it (while brazen) can be justified.

So let me get this straight… some dumbass who isn’t important in TF’s history, let alone an operator, got the best of the server owner, and it’s justifiable? I joined this server back almost 10 years ago with the assumption I had freedom to say whatever I wanted, and frankly it’s been criticism that I’m in the right about, not harassment.

From what the thread deletion thread was worded, and don’t take my word for it, was Mark gave Ryan the domain because he wanted the server to be put out of it’s misery. The icing on the cake for TF, was Mark being a kissass to Marco and the server has been low on players since a little bit after Windows took ownership.

Ivan Still is, and still is.

You only log into the server occasionally and you aren't in the discord, so how are you able to measure this so confidently? Sure, compare the current player counts to previous years and they are lower. But compared to a few months ago, player counts and general morale for the future of this place have been on the rise especially these past few weeks.

To get back on topic, I haven't really gotten a vote yet. I see both sides - on one hand, behaviour hasn't exactly been fantastic since the ban, but on the other hand the reason for the ban pushed me the other way. So I'm still tied.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Ivan piece of shit

what do you aim to achieve by using language such as that?

if you think ryan is tyrannical and won't take criticism why do you respond by giving worse and more harsh criticism...?

this has no bearing on my lack of vote i just don't quite understand this mentality

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

Luke what do you aim to achieve by using language such as that?

How does my language have to do with me getting warned? My rhetoric doesn't matter, I called him a piece of shit, because that's how I truly feel?

Luke if you think ryan is tyrannical and won’t take criticism why do you respond by giving worse and more harsh criticism…?

Like I've said multiple times, I'm going to give my opinion on things whether people like it or not, even to the owner. If I get punishments that I disagree with, I'm going to be vocal about them.

Ivan How does my language have to do with me getting warned? My rhetoric doesn’t matter, I called him a piece of shit, because that’s how I truly feel?

because its not criticism if you're calling someone a piece of shit, it's being rude and harsh

Ivan Like I’ve said multiple times, I’m going to give my opinion on things whether people like it or not, even to the owner. If I get punishments that

okay but why do you have to be rude and harsh about it what do you expect to happen, do you think ryans gonna see that and go 'yeah i like this dude lets unban him'

Luke because its not criticism if you’re calling someone a piece of shit, it’s being rude and harsh

Well sorry that I called the owner a disgusting brown object that spews from my asshole. It was rude criticism that in my opinion was well deserved

Luke okay but why do you have to be rude and harsh about it what do you expect to happen, do you think ryans gonna see that and go ‘yeah i like this dude lets unban him’

I literally honestly could care less about his opinion of me because at the end of the day the community is gonna see a lot of these strikes were bullshit. You are seeming to forget that this is not the reason I was banned… I shouldn’t have to be best buddies with the server owner in order to be able to join a server.

Ivan Well sorry that I called the owner a disgusting brown object that spews from my asshole. It was rude criticism that in my opinion was well deserved

and we link back to my first question. What do you expect to achieve by saying this?

Ivan I shouldn’t have to be best buddies with the server owner in order to be able to join a server.

Nobody says you do. Nobody thinks you should either. But in the same strand if you constantly berate this dude what exactly do you expect..?

Ivan I shouldn’t have to be best buddies with the server owner in order to be able to join a server.

You're right, but this appeal is for a discord ban - your conduct is going to be reviewed, and especially given the nature of your brusque personality and infamy on this server.

Rather than answering irrelevant questions, perhaps you could answer the most relevant question to this topic - Do you think your mentality regarding your personality and the way you conduct yourself has changed since this thread?

Luke and we link back to my first question. What do you expect to achieve by saying this?

To get it through his mind that he was being a piece of shit??? That’s why I called him that? I don’t understand how this is even a question

Luke Nobody says you do. Nobody thinks you should either. But in the same strand if you constantly berate this dude what exactly do you expect..?

Are you seriously telling me I should not berate him because of his title? I literally expect nothing out of it because everything always ends up going his way, I just like donating my two cents

• I was going to let this play out and let Nick decide, but frankly I've had enough and this circus needs to come to an end.

Your appeal is denied, and you're required to wait no less than 6 months prior to appealing this ban again.

I will also now give you your final warning for your forum conduct, if you continue your behaviour you will be indef banned, and I'll be in no rush to allow you. If that happens, or you decide to throw your toys out of the pram because of this post, I'll simply indef ban you globally.

I've made clear from before I was even the owner, that if I was the owner, this wouldn't be a democracy, you seem to be the only person struggling to grasp that concept.

If you don't like me, either learn to live with it, raise constructive and civil conversation to change it, or get the fuck off my platform. Your choice.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK