Voting, but its ridiculous

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Objection. School and education do not work well with TF.

Cultural deprivation sociologists argue that use of languages and different speech codes result in lower educational attainment. However, other sociologists use theories such as labelling theory to explain lowered educational attainment are a result of internal factors. This essay will evaluate cultural deprivation and other sociological explanations of how ethnic differences within the education system are a result of external factors.

Bernstein argues from a cultural deprivation perspective that there are differences between the way the middle and working class talk, being restricted and elaborated code. Restricted code is used by the working class and is limited, and elaborated code is used by the middle class and has a wider vocabulary. Other sociologists such as Hubbs-Tait et al also found that when parents use language that is more evaluative, cognitive performance improves, and Fernstein found that educated parents are more likely to use such language, supporting Bernstein’s view. This helps us better understand why students from different ethnic backgrounds may struggle in school, as they may find it difficult to cope with restricted code used by teachers and textbooks. However, it could be argued that the concept of restricted code being strictly middle-class bound overlooks the fact that evaluating and constructing complex sentences is a skill taught by subjects such as GCSE English Language which is on the national curriculum. This means that every student, regardless of background, has the same chance to speak in the same language code. Thus, cultural deprivation explanations overlook the curriculum within education and that all students have the ability to learn elaborated code

However, sociologists such as Dunne and Gazeley argue that schools persistently produce underachievers due labels and assumptions made by teachers. Studies were undertaken by Gillborn and Youdell which found that teachers were quicker and more likely to discipline black pupils than others for the same behaviour. This helps us understand why students from different ethnic backgrounds, as the negative labelling eventually leads to a self-fulfilling prophecy in which black pupils fail due to the labels given to them rather than external factors. However, this theory overlooks that pupils are free to reject the labels given to them and that poor attainment is not deterministic. This also overlooks the fact that not only teachers give negative labels. Sewell argues that the “biggest barrier facing black boys is actually black peer pressure”, which means that if the black boys were to try in education they would be labelled and bullied by their peers. Thus, labelling theory explains how internal factors can lead to ethnic differences within educational achievement but does not account for external labelling from peer groups.

In conclusion, this essay has evaluated the cultural deprivation perspective as well as other perspectives on whether the ethnic differences in educational achievement is caused by external or internal factors. While cultural deprivation sociologists acknowledge the difference between language found in different ethnic groups, they fail to see that the language needed for educational achievement is taught in the curriculum. Other explanations suggest that it is a result of labelling and self fulfilling prophecies, but fails to realise labelling isn’t exclusive to inside schools. These opposing explanations highlight the challenge faced by different ethnic groups both internally and externally, and they demonstrate that the difference in educational achievement is not purely due to external factors.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

Luke Cultural deprivation sociologists argue

Fictional occupation - especially as far as the reader can tell. Elaboration is necessary. Additionally, argue is a weak word.

Luke However, other sociologists

Unspecific and vague - you should instead say: "By contrast, dissenting sociologists in the field may cite..."

Luke theories such as

The introductory phrase 'such as' should be avoided to avoid dumbing down your diction; as well as the fact that you only list one such theory. A better substitute would be 'theories akin to [or concurrent with]...'

Luke This essay will evaluate cultural deprivation and other sociological explanations

This sentence is phrased inadequately and is vague. Self referential messages like 'this essay' should be avoided at all costs in academic writing. A simple omission of the phrase and a restructuring of the sentence would suffice. The mention of "other sociological explanations" is vague and unnecessary given your prior sentences. (also slightly confused why you put a plural on 'explanations' despite only citing one other explanation.' A complete rewrite of the sentence follows: "These discordant views on the causation of educational inequality among minority ethnic groups are at the core of academic debate surrounding the issue."

Luke Bernstein argues from a cultural deprivation perspective that

There should be an introductory statement before mentioning this Bernstein person- likely including a summary or definition of the cultural deprivation theory and Hubbs-Taits et al.'s theory. Anyway who's Bernstein and why should I listen to him? An accreditation and a minutia of information on his qualifications is necessary for the reader. "Renowned for his works on the sociology of education, Basil Berstein (PHD) contends..." Omit "from a cultural deprivation perspective" and instead either refer to your introductory statement of the paragraph or redefine Bernstein's relationship to this theory.

Luke Restricted code is used by the working class and is limited, and elaborated code is used by the middle class and has a wider vocabulary. Other sociologists such as Hubbs-Tait et al also found that when parents use language that is more evaluative, cognitive performance improves

This sounds like a two year old wrote it. Mix of run-on sentences and vague periodic sentences. Revision may look like "Bernstein, in conjunction with Hubbs-Tait et al., claims that the working class employs a simpler dialect, limited by an intrinsic linguistic bias against differing ethnicities to the acclaimed default of a given location. Conversely, the dialect utilized by middle and upper class is more diverse and possesses a broader vocabulary range. This inequity in linguistic upbringing can be attested to be responsible for the apparent disadvantage of ethnic minorities in formal schooling.

Luke helps us

Oh yeah? Us? Who's us?

Luke This means that every student,

"this means" is a very weak way to connect evidence to a claim. Instead say "this implies" or "this should indicate."

Luke Thus, cultural deprivation explanations overlook the curriculum within education and that all students have the ability to learn elaborated code

This explanation is weak-sauce and is contradicted by information previously stated in the paragraph.

Luke However, sociologists such as Dunne and Gazeley argue that schools persistently produce underachievers due [sic] labels and assumptions made by teachers

Same issue as the start of the last paragraph. No citation nor introductory statement. Also improper grammar.

Luke Studies were undertaken by Gillborn and Youdell which

The addition of "were" and "which" changes the point of view of the writer from a neutral 3rd person to a narrator. Omit these to prevent a POV switch. "Studies (include some detail of study process) undertaken by Gillborn [citation needed] and Youdell [citation needed] found..."

Luke This helps us understand why students from different ethnic backgrounds, as the negative labelling eventually leads to a self-fulfilling prophecy in which black pupils fail due to the labels given to them rather than external factors.

There are two parts of this sentence separated by a comma. Neither of the sides are related and the first part is incomplete. Also, your consistent use of the term label without describing the nature of the labels is confusing. Additionally 'self-fulfilling prophecy' makes you sound like a novel writer, not an essayist. Words like inexorable or ineluctable would be very preferable.

Luke However, this theory overlooks that pupils are free to reject the labels given to them and that poor attainment is not deterministic.

Again, what labels are you talking about? The more you write the less this essay makes cohesive sense. "Poor attainment is not deterministic" is confusing. What do you mean deterministic? Because your entire previous paragraphs that poor achievement can be determined by outside factors and here you disregard that.

Luke This also overlooks the fact that not only [sic] teachers give negative labels.

Bruh stop with the labels for real. Also bad grammar - should say "...the fact that teachers are not exclusively responsible for giving negative labels." to prevent awkward wording and confusion.

Luke Sewell argues that the “biggest barrier facing black boys is actually black peer pressure”

Yeah who's Sewell? Entirely unmentioned before then. Also Sewell doesn't argue that; he claims that.

Luke if the black boys were to try in education they would be labelled and bullied by their peers

I hate that you put ''the' black boys' as if there's a selection of them that Sewell is specifically referring to when he clearly means all black boys. Also stop saying black boys it sounds bad.

Luke Thus, labelling theory explains how internal factors can lead to ethnic differences within educational achievement but does not account for external labelling from peer groups.

You didn't even talk about the labelling theory or internal factors. Nor did you really talk about variance in educational achievement outside one sentence.

Luke In conclusion

Imagine starting a conclusion with "in conclusion"

Luke they demonstrate that the difference in educational achievement is not purely due to external factors.

Was that the prompt? Because with the way you wrote the entire essay it is entirely clear what you're actually trying to argue.

Conclusion:
    SO IN CONCLUSION I OBJECT TO YOUR DUMB ESSAY FULL OF MISTAKES

• Absolute objection,
    I'm sorry to interrupt you, Elizabeth, if you still even remember that name, But I'm afraid you've been misinformed. You are not here to receive a gift, nor have you been called here by the individual you assume, although, you have indeed been called. You have all been called here, into a labyrinth of sounds and smells, misdirection and misfortune. A labyrinth with no exit, a maze with no prize. You don't even realize that you are trapped. Your lust for blood has driven you in endless circles, chasing the cries of children in some unseen chamber, always seeming so near, yet somehow out of reach, but you will never find them. None of you will. This is where your story ends. And to you, my brave volunteer, who somehow found this job listing not intended for you, although there was a way out planned for you, I have a feeling that's not what you want. I have a feeling that you are right where you want to be. I am remaining as well. I am nearby. This place will not be remembered, and the memory of everything that started this can finally begin to fade away. As the agony of every tragedy should. And to you monsters trapped in the corridors, be still and give up your spirits. They don't belong to you. For most of you, I believe there is peace and perhaps more waiting for you after the smoke clears. Although, for one of you, the darkest pit of Hell has opened to swallow you whole, so don't keep the devil waiting, old friend. My daughter, if you can hear me, I knew you would return as well. It's in your nature to protect the innocent. I'm sorry that on that day, the day you were shut out and left to die, no one was there to lift you up into their arms the way you lifted others into yours, and then, what became of you. I should have known you wouldn't be content to disappear, not my daughter. I couldn't save you then, so let me save you now. It's time to rest - for you, and for those you have carried in your arms. This ends for all of us. End communication.

• Object. Prices haven't dropped yet for FIDO2 and it would be incredibly expensive for everyone to get a key, this obviously needs to be delayed, and I do know that passwords are incredibly insecure, but we're gonna have to hold on to them for now until there is a way for prices to drop. Obviously in the meantime, an alternative could be found, but due to simjacking, it can't be SMS-Based 2FA. For information, according to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, simjacking is a type of account takeover fraud that targets a weakness into two-factor authentication in with the second factor is a text message or a call. This has been slightly oversimplified, but it's basically the same as you would find on Wikipedia. A ton of high-profile hacks using simjacking have occurred using said method, even hacking the account of Twitter's CEO himself, yeah I know, that's pretty embarrassing. In May 2020, a lawsuit was filed against an 18 year old high school senior, who, for privacy reasons, I will not say the name of, or where to find it. The high school senior was accused of deceiving the digital currency investor known as Micahel Terpin, who is the CEO of Transform Group. This was supposedly done through simjacking. However, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), listed some techniques to combat said attacks. However, I could not find these techniques, and only articles saying that they would start making them. But for context, it is very easy to pull off one of these attacks. Princeton researchers recently tested five major U.S. cell phone providers. They were alarmingly successful, completing 39 fake SIM swaps in 50 attempts. Meaning that if someone tries to use these attacks on you, the odds are definitely not in your favour. Simply put, the prices are too high, and SMS or call based two factor authentication would not work due to sim jacking attacks.

• Object. It was the summer of 1942 in the city of Stalingrad. The war rages on as the Germany fleets makes their way through the Soviet Union and into our industrial city. German aircrafts flying over dropping the first bombs, the screams of terror as german panzers storm the city with unrelenting force. My father told me that he’d be back and that we would be safe. We wanted to believe him as our city was reduced to nothing but debris and rubble. My family couldn’t be evacuated because we were considered “inspiration” for the soldiers who fought back. During the winter nearly all of Stalingrad was destroyed. December 24 1942, a silent night in Stalingrad, hearing nothing but what seemed to be a laughter and cheering. German soldiers celebrating Christmas, the quiet night brought peace as if the battle was over but as soon as the two days went by, everything returned to chaos. February 2 1943, it seems the cold winters became a great ally to the red army, german soldiers dying from extreme hypothermia and being trapped in enemy territory took a toll on the 6th army. The surrender of german soldiers as the red army took over and won the battle of Stalingrad. As the city cheered during the victory of Stalingrad I awaited my fathers return, but he never did.

• Object you have done nothing wrong they are trying to make you believe what you didn’t do I hope you don’t believe them when will you come back and return mr @"lyicx"#21 i hope it will work if they do stuff

codium multimatter redanium sporres