TotalFreedom is becoming less "Freedom" every day

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • TotalFreedom is becoming less "Freedom" every day. People are getting banned when they shouldn't or be unbanned when they should. This isn't something I expected from a server called "TotalFreedom"

It started out with shrimp, he was banned from the Discord for NSFW content, he said "I am going to use my hacking skills to suck your balls" and "The sack will be in my mouth and I will shuffle the balls with my tongue". How is this NSFW? Well, according to Ryan it breaks the Discord TOS for NSFW content. However, if that was true, many servers currently existing would been shut down by Discord. Because there are other servers where people said similar stuff and those servers haven't been taken off. If I said "fuck you" is that NSFW content? I'm not going to actually "fuck" someone and likewise shrimp isn't going to actually suck someones balls. shrimp never should have been banned from the Discord

Now, I'm going to talk about ggawdw next, if you don't know who ggawdw is, just take a peak at this thread. So, as you can see, ggawdw posted a Discord ban appeal and it got denied. However, I counted the votes and there are 5 vouches and 4 objects, which means that he should have been unbanned, but no! Ryan had to deny his appeal and use images from March which aren't relevant because of how old they are. ggawdw should have been unbanned

Finally, I would like to talk about Beta_Alpha, he was banned from the forum for spam posting on spam and drama threads. There called "Spam and Drama" for a reason. The whole point of "Spam and Drama" is to contain spam. Is it considered littering if I throw trash in a trashcan? Beta_Alpha should have never been banned

• I completely agree. But if you don't like it, just leave! /s

Wild seems to do whatever he wants because "I'm the owner and I can ban who I want because I can interpret the rules however I like". As I said before wilds corporatized and over paranoid personality traits are gonna kill TF (aside from a lack of devs)

• total freedom has always had rules, lol. follow the rules and you wont get banned. its up to admins to interpret and use their best judgement to enforce the rules. these are the people you wanted to have run the server.

it is and has always been "if you dont like it, leave"

you have no legitmate argument. suggest changes/further clarification to rules instead of just having a very basic complaint. you do not get anywhere close to actual change with your current argument against the current rules.

characterslimits It started out with shrimp, he was banned from the Discord for NSFW content, he said "I am going to use my hacking skills to suck your balls" and "The sack will be in my mouth and I will shuffle the balls with my tongue". How is this NSFW? Well, according to Ryan it breaks the Discord TOS for NSFW content. However, if that was true, many servers currently existing would been shut down by Discord. Because there are other servers where people said similar stuff and those servers haven't been taken off. If I said "fuck you" is that NSFW content? I'm not going to actually "fuck" someone and likewise shrimp isn't going to actually suck someones balls. shrimp never should have been banned from the Discord

Shrimp broke the discord rules. He posted content which I believe was nsfw in our discord. We have a rule specifically for nsfw content and is even separate from the discord tos argument. There's not much I can do if people don't want to follow the rules.

characterslimits Now, I'm going to talk about ggawdw next, if you don't know who ggawdw is, just take a peak at this thread. So, as you can see, ggawdw posted a Discord ban appeal and it got denied. However, I counted the votes and there are 5 vouches and 4 objects, which means that he should have been unbanned, but no! Ryan had to deny his appeal and use images from March which aren't relevant because of how old they are. ggawdw should have been unbanned

Ban appeals have not and should never be judged based on which result was more popular. In that specific case the objections made a better case for the individual remaining banned. The couches failed to convince me that the user had changed and justified their ban coming to an end.

characterslimits Finally, I would like to talk about Beta_Alpha, he was banned from the forum for spam posting on spam and drama threads. There called "Spam and Drama" for a reason. The whole point of "Spam and Drama" is to contain spam. Is it considered littering if I throw trash in a trashcan? Beta_Alpha should have never been banned

The forum posting guidelines apply throughout the forums. That user was power posting heavily and actually in reality the reason he was banned was the cumulative power posting across the entire forum not just spam and drama.

The spam and drama category probably needs to be re named because it's not really what it means, spam and power posting has no place on the forums at all.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• this thread is exactly the problem with tf, jesus christ, put an ounce of thought into the fact that the rules are and have always been up to the owner's interpretation, even if you disagree it's his call, making threads accusing him of making "tf less free" is the exact problem we have because it wasn't needed

but no you gotta make a selfish ass thread with the intent to cause drama by calling out ryan

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• lol spam and drama has always been used for drama as well, it’s not just spam. it’s mainly for funny shitposts but if you powerpost there or if you go and harass someone ur bound to get sanctioned what do you expect lol

• spam and drama has never been the forum's trash can, and it never will be
    i think this misconception is driving a lot of the forum bans and shit threads we see now: people seem to believe that spam and drama is just a melting pot of stupidity for everyone to jump into now and then
    unfortunately for all those with an iq below 10, its not
    spam and drama has the same rules as any other section, its designed for quality shitposting and other memes, not for your mental breakdown as you spam amogus continuously until your brain runs out your nostrils

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png