Remove some stuff from tfm that does literally nothing

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Now, I know there's been a number of suggestions about debloating tfm, but I think that the best start to that is to remove some commands that have no reason to still be in tf. I personally went through every single line of code in tfm recently, and I will tell you about some of the stuff i found, that we really don't need

1) Starting off small is /premium. This command is simply used to check if a player is premium or not, however, since we are no longer an offlinemode server, i see no reason for this command to exist

2) An issue I noticed with /setlevel is that it only goes to level 50, meaning that no matter what value you want to set your level to, if the value is over 50, then you will only get 50 levels. Thats just kinda dumb imo, and iirc its a relic from a loooonnngg time ago when there was a bug that apparently caused some weird stuff to happen when you were over level 50

3) /logs is another pretty old command, but, as we no longer have the log viewer, it should probably be removed (unless we are planning on adding that back at some point)

4) /curse is something that has been useless for a while, for starters, even in the code, the following is pointed out:
    /* The only problem with this is someone can prevent themself from being cursed by declining to download the resource pack. However, if they hit yes, then you can curse them whenever you want and they can't stop it unless they go into their server settings. and set server resource packs to prompt or disabled */
    On top of this, /curse also calls for a file from the url http://play.totalfreedom.me/cursed.zip, which no longer exists.

Theres also some more minor ones, such as /massmurder being a near identical clone to /forcekill, /bird just being useless and also not funny. /enchant just being a worse version of /modify item, and more

• Vouch. For anyone wondering by the way, /massmurder is an alias of /genocide, which is a command Seth added for himself (only people with the owner title can run it) as a joke. It's essentially forcekill, except you can input multiple names to kill everyone listed at once.

@DragonSlayer2189#2308 4) /curse is something that has been useless for a while, for starters, even in the code, the following is pointed out:
    / The only problem with this is someone can prevent themself from being cursed by declining to download the
    resource pack. However, if they hit yes, then you can curse them whenever you want and they can't stop it unless
    they go into their server settings. and set server resource packs to prompt or disabled
    /
    On top of this, /curse also calls for a file from the url http://play.totalfreedom.me/cursed.zip, which no longer exists.

No idea why the fuck this was ever even implemented in the first place...

@DragonSlayer2189#2308 3) /logs is another pretty old command, but, as we no longer have the log viewer, it should probably be removed (unless we are planning on adding that back at some point)

It's possible that we may re-introduce the logviewer in the future, though to be fair it probably has a lesser use now that all admins have telnet (yay!) so yeah, I'd say this should be maintained as normal for now.

@DragonSlayer2189#2308 2) An issue I noticed with /setlevel is that it only goes to level 50, meaning that no matter what value you want to set your level to, if the value is over 50, then you will only get 50 levels. Thats just kinda dumb imo, and iirc its a relic from a loooonnngg time ago when there was a bug that apparently caused some weird stuff to happen when you were over level 50

If there is an equivalent command that is already in place in Essentials / similar / vanilla then sure. If not it makes more sense to just fix this...

@DragonSlayer2189#2308 1) Starting off small is /premium. This command is simply used to check if a player is premium or not, however, since we are no longer an offlinemode server, i see no reason for this command to exist

I would also say there is nothing to say for certain we won't go back to being an offlinemode server, while it is unlikely it makes more sense to probably maintain that for the time being and until we're in a position where we're never going to go back to being in offlinemode rather than to prematurely remove the command if it works.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

1. Vouch
    2. Vouch
    3. Neutral - Yes, you can simply display server logs in discord, but we should retain this if we decide to have logviewer for admins who lack a discord account or do not want to be part of the TF discord server.
    4. Vouch
    5. Vouch
    6. Also, remove the stupid 'joke' features like 4chan mode and the things you listed like "/massmurder" which was a personal command for seth that as far as I know, made a school shooting joke. These things serve literally no purpose and are not cool. Another useless command similar to "/bird" is /rock. Unfunny and stupid - must go. There's more but too lazy to list them all.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

@DragonSlayer2189#2308 1) Starting off small is /premium. This command is simply used to check if a player is premium or not, however, since we are no longer an offlinemode server, i see no reason for this command to exist

FS-81 raised to remove that.

@DragonSlayer2189#2308 2) An issue I noticed with /setlevel is that it only goes to level 50, meaning that no matter what value you want to set your level to, if the value is over 50, then you will only get 50 levels. Thats just kinda dumb imo, and iirc its a relic from a loooonnngg time ago when there was a bug that apparently caused some weird stuff to happen when you were over level 50

FS-82 raised to fix it.

@DragonSlayer2189#2308 3) /logs is another pretty old command, but, as we no longer have the log viewer, it should probably be removed (unless we are planning on adding that back at some point)

Logviewer may make sense to come back at some point so I'm going to leave that as is for the time being.

@DragonSlayer2189#2308 4) /curse is something that has been useless for a while, for starters, even in the code, the following is pointed out:
    / The only problem with this is someone can prevent themself from being cursed by declining to download the
    resource pack. However, if they hit yes, then you can curse them whenever you want and they can't stop it unless
    they go into their server settings. and set server resource packs to prompt or disabled
    /

FS-83 raised to remove this.

@DragonSlayer2189#2308 Theres also some more minor ones, such as /massmurder being a near identical clone to /forcekill, /bird just being useless and also not funny. /enchant just being a worse version of /modify item, and more

This has also been removed already.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK