To file a ban appeal, post a message in this section with the following information.
Note: This ban appeal form is only for the Total Freedom server and for non-Indefinite Bans. If you were banned from an associated server, file an appeal per their website info at https://forum.totalfreedom.me/t/associated-communities. If you receive an 'You are Indefinitely Banned' or similar message, use the Indefinite Ban release template located here.
1. Your Minecraft name
2. The date and time you were banned.
3. What type of activity you were doing at the time of the ban (e.g. chatting, building, using world edit, etc.) or state "offline" if banned while offline. For the purpose of the appeal, only use the term banned offline if you haven't been on the server in the past 24 hours AND do not have a ban reason specified. So for example, if you leave the server for 10 minutes and find you're banned when you try to return, that's NOT an offline ban for the purpose of the ban appeal - just state what you were doing just before you left the server and that found yourself banned on return.
4. Why do you think you were banned (select the best choice below)? Admins should only ban based on the following policy: https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/2961
a. I don't know because I did not violate any rule as noted in the server conduct policy.
b. I don't know because I was banned while offline for more than 24 hours or if it was my first login to the server
c. I did violate one of the conduct rules and was fairly banned (state which one)
d. I did violate one of the conduct rules but shouldn't have been banned (state which one)
e. I don't know or other (include explanation)
5. Which admin banned you, and what were you told (if anything) before the ban occurred?
6. Have you reviewed and agree to the community guidelines (yes or no)? Please review the policy at https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/2961
After you post your appeal, it will be reviewed and you'll normally be unbanned unless it's determined you were lying on your ban appeal or you committed serious offenses that warrant further review. If you did commit a ban-worthy offense, the fastest way to get unbanned is to fess up and be sincere in letting us know that you won't do it again.
Please keep in mind that unless you receive an indefinite ban message when attempting to log in, ban lists get cleared at least daily; if you're not in a rush, you don't have to file a ban appeal since regular bans automatically expire. Also, filing a ban appeal doesn't mean you were in the wrong. Sometimes admins make mistakes and ban the wrong person or you might end up innocently banned if a neighbor of yours that has a similar IP address and they get banned. You might also be temp banned (5 mins) - it is best to wait 10 mins or so to see if you're still banned before writing a ban appeal.
Warning: Filing a ban appeal can result in a temporary or long-term forum ban if you do the following:
- Lying on your ban appeal. Please remember, we have logs of incidents and often there are screenshots.
- Spamming multiple appeals. Post only one appeal per ban.
- Raging, trolling, threatening, insulting, and flaming. Whether an admin made a mistake or you made the mistake, just calmly state the facts and you'll likely be unbanned much sooner.
- Falsely accusing an admin of misconduct.