Some suggestions

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • /session - shows the playtime of the current and past [insert number] sessions
    /playtime - already a thing but doesn't actually do anything, purpose is obvious
    /lockwarp - use to lock a warp into one place, only admins/the player who used it can change the warp after this is enabled (doesn't work for generic things such as pvp)
    /timer or /stopwatch - self-explanatory, maybe people can opt in/out to see other peoples timers for different purposes?

I don't know if this would be possible, but some way to fetch custom schematics from a file host online and import them into the game? I know of a plugin that fetches and turns images into mapart, so I assume something similar with W/E can be done
    Also, building off of Undertail's suggestion, maybe we can start posting news on the tab instead of one message? Might be helpful to be updated/know if something happened.

i didnt read through the whole forum so I'm not sure if some of this has been suggested/already being worked on

@Miasmus#18310 I don't know if this would be possible, but some way to fetch schematics from a file host online? I know of a plugin that fetches and turns images into mapart, so I assume something similar with W/E can be done

Freedom-01: http://freedom-01.serv.totalfreedom.me:28966/schematic/list

Freedom-02: http://freedom-02.serv.totalfreedom.me:28966/schematic/list

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @Miasmus#18313 Admins can. Which is intentional. If you ask an admin they can check the schematic and upload it in. Helps reduce the chances of someone uploading malware / nasty stuff to the server or schematics which are clearly going to do damage to the server.

Wild1145

• @wild1145#18312 Can we fix those schematics where it's said "illegal file name, can't download"? (probably chars like .()[] to be removed).

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• @Tizz#18315 Yeah, that's been fairly low down my to-do list. I'm not really sure why the module blocked the downloads for them anyway because nothing else can ever show in the schem folder anyway...

Wild1145

• @wild1145#18314 Maybe you could add a request part to the site, so people could request schematics/bulk upload them without spamming admins? Also, can be used if no admin is online. Obviously the benefits may not outweigh the work of making such a site, but I think it's worth a thought

• @Tizz#18317 It's a fair point. I suspect it's a legacy thing and to help protect against people doing something stupid but yeah, we should fix it.

Overhauling HTTPD has been on my to-do list for a while tbf...

Wild1145

• @Miasmus#18318 Possibly, we've had some conversations around if we could automate the upload process anyway in the future, it needs a bit of thought and depends on making sure we can effectively AV scan files and such like that or find a way to "View" the files in the browser.

I suspect the shorter term step will be to have a thread on the new forums where schematics can be attached to posts for admins to review and action. Not ideal but'd work.

Wild1145

• Elmon clarified some things -
    /whois and /seen can be used instead of /session and /playtime

He did however say that a timer is implementable, so I'm hoping devs who see this give more thought to that

• @Miasmus#18322 both admins and mbs can upload, but, do to the fact that some schematics can be potentially malicious i would rather not give this ability to ops on the server, however, if an op wants a schem uploaded to the server, feel free to ask an admin to do so, and then it will likely be added

• Are threads like this supposed to be locked after it's been resolved, or are they just left open? In the case of the former, then this thread can probably be locked at this point.

• @Miasmus#19872 it's not yet been reviewed properly which is why it's still open. Me or fleek tend to go through these in bulk when we get a chance.

Wild1145

Miasmus /playtime - already a thing but doesn't actually do anything, purpose is obvious

Could you re-test this please, if it is still an issue can you raise a bug report, as from what I can see it is working.

Miasmus /session - shows the playtime of the current and past [insert number] sessions

I can't find anything obvious network wide / in plan that supports this, raised FS-392 to look into options, though suspect we may be limited to current session only, but we will see what we can do.

Miasmus /lockwarp - use to lock a warp into one place, only admins/the player who used it can change the warp after this is enabled (doesn't work for generic things such as pvp)

This has already been approved under https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/120-delwarp/14 and is already selected for active development (So is just waiting on a dev to pick the work up)

Miasmus /timer or /stopwatch - self-explanatory, maybe people can opt in/out to see other peoples timers for different purposes?

FS-393 raised to find a plugin that hopefully already does this, test it and get it addded.

Miasmus Also, building off of Undertail's suggestion, maybe we can start posting news on the tab instead of one message? Might be helpful to be updated/know if something happened.

Tab is generally limited in it's size without it starting to look silly, so I'm less so happy to do this, but we probably should update the MOTD on login more often / generally anyway.

Wild1145