Add simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • @Miwojedk#17597 Thank you. Let’s have Little Jimmy do some trivia on the server. Not have to multiply 247 and 348 together. Plus you'll have fucking bots to solve it automatically

• @Miwojedk#17597 We can't generate those automatically unless we pull them from some website. There is a minigame every 5 minutes, so 50 questions wouldn't even last us a single day if we don't want the same ones popping up over and over again.

@Ivan#17601 Plus you'll have fucking bots to solve it automatically

This is the "Let's remove WorldEdit because it can be used to grief" argument. We have a rule against cheating with coins.

• @StevenNL2000#17607 I wouldn't think that i'd be that hard to find a database for a trivia quiz and implement that?
    At least that's somewhat engaging compared to "divide 240 with 5"

I also find this critique fairly odd, in that you fail to mention that "write apsidh129373t8udhisajkd within 10 seconds" is somehow different and so unique that we can have them pop up every 5 min.

@Miwojedk#17659 I wouldn't think that i'd be that hard to find a database for a trivia quiz and implement that?
    At least that's somewhat engaging compared to "divide 240 with 5"

I also don't think it would be hard, it just requires us to be okay with depending on an external database.

@Miwojedk#17659 I also find this critique fairly odd, in that you fail to mention that "write apsidh129373t8udhisajkd within 10 seconds" is somehow different and so unique that we can have them pop up every 5 min.

I don't consider how different they look a good metric. Because of the way the human brain works, you are much more likely to remember that the capital of Germany is Berlin than to remember what the answer to 5827 + 1956 was last time you solved it. For copying random codes into the chat, having seen a similar code before is not helpful at all.

• @StevenNL2000#17661

I don't consider how different they look a good metric. Because of the way the human brain works, you are much more likely to remember that the capital of Germany is Berlin than to remember what the answer to 5827 + 1956 was last time you solved it. For copying random codes into the chat, having seen a similar code before is not helpful at all.

I never said it was easy to remember an assortment of letters. I said that it was silly to somehow distinguish that from a trivia question that may be asked x amount of times. Regardless, I don't think you knowing the answer from the same question being asked before should be that big of a concern. You either know the answer to the question, or you don't.

But yeah. I'd much rather have some sort of quiz-action going than a meaningless task of writting a jumble of random letters.

@Ashaz#17662 Are you suggesting for there to be small maths questions like 2+2 to be solved to get coins?

@redeastwood#17565 Two numbers being added or subtracted should not be above 10,000.

For addition the maximum numbers you can use are 10,000. For example, 3,527 + 9,624

@redeastwood#17565 The multiplicand should not be above 100, and the multiplier should not be above 12.

For multiplication you cannot exceed 100 for the multiplicand and 12 for the multiplier. For example, 64 x 11

@Miwojedk#17663 But yeah. I'd much rather have some sort of quiz-action going than a meaningless task of writting a jumble of random letters.

I will make a suggestion for this after this one has come to a close. Thanks for the input!

@Miwojedk#17663 I never said it was easy to remember an assortment of letters. I said that it was silly to somehow distinguish that from a trivia question that may be asked x amount of times. Regardless, I don't think you knowing the answer from the same question being asked before should be that big of a concern. You either know the answer to the question, or you don't.

I distinguish a trivia question from an assortment of letters for the exact reason that one is easier to remember than the other. My point is that the other categories are almost guaranteed to present a challenge even if you've seen them before, whereas that is not the case with trivia questions, as you state yourself.

• So I like the idea of supplementing the reactions settings with some additional game types, it keeps it interesting and helps make it more competitive. Some of it we can automatically generate, some of it will rely on us crafting / getting our hands on a database.

FS-275 raised to add basic mathematical operations.
    FS-276 to add config options to enable / disable the current reactions gamemode
    FS-277 to add a trivia mode of some sorts based off of a database.
    FS-278 to add the dictionary word un-scramble along with minimum word length config option.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK