Let master builders paste NBT

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I'm aware this has been already discussed 5 months ago but hear me out...

Master builders are trusted and experienced players who can be used for server building projects and events. They can't do their job the best way if they're forced to waste time either manually replacing custom blocks or begging an admin to do the job in their place.

This would also benefit OPs as they'll have more people to ask for help, and not only admins, if they need to copy or move stuff with a significant amount of NBT data.

I want to know how does the community feel about this.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• ~~I vouch. ~~

Honestly, at the moment the MB rank has no value compared to the OP rank in terms of how many more commands they get access to. There is no point in having an MB rank if those builders cannot utilise important features.

I'd even push for OPs to have NBT worldedit too, if that's possible.

Neutral

• My position on this has not changed. There is no justifiable reason in my mind to allow this for Master Builders over OP's, and I have zero intention on expanding the current list of things that MB's can do which OP's can't, as I think that is a bad route forward.

I would also say there is nothing to suggest they are either trusted or experienced, and that the vetting process / application process tends to change quite significantly depending on who the ECD at the time was...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @wild1145#15072 an mb has to go through the application process, being good at building, and it takes a lot of work for that application.

if an mb abuses it it’s simple, they get their mb rank taken away.

The mb’s are different than ops and in the past they have had more rights then them, such as //limit -1 and //brush which were disabled

having those was why i applied for mb, and it makes sense to provide mbs with the essential building tool of nbt paste.

• @UnderTails#15073

@Tizz#15074

As I said, the level of vetting / checks in the application process varies wildly depending on who is running things.

The point of the MB Rank is also not to have additional IG Perms (And I fully intend to remove the additional IG Perms in the long term) but is to highlight individuals who have contributed exceptional builds to the server and it's community.

I don't agree that we should open access to extra commands for MB's and not then by extension all OP's.

Wild1145

• @wild1145#15076

I don’t think you understand what an MB is.

We have always had more rights than OPs, and been given more permissions.

In the 10 year history of the server I don’t think a single person other than you has complained that MBs have too many rights over OPs.

MBs are the official builders of the server yet have to deal with the same restrictions as OPs which is pointless.

Admins have access to NBT paste and I almost applied for admin myself to get nbt paste because it would help me in my builds.

Less effort is required to apply for admin than mb and only 1 of them has nbt paste.

there is no reason to keep mbs from having nbt paste and it confuses my why you believe mbs are too powerful or something.

NOBODY IS COMPLAINING THAT MBS ARE DIFFERENT FROM OPS

• @Ashaz#15067

There is no point in having an MB rank if those builders cannot utilise important features.

Dont master builders already have a whole world to themselves in which OPs and Admins can't edit?

• @UnderTails#15077 MB's having extra perms only became a thing when Seth took over running things, before then it was barely a title... Even then, it was just permission to set your tags in game...

I'm not saying anyone has complained, I'm saying I strongly disagree with it, and think it's a horrific idea, just like I did then.

YOU ALSO DON'T NEED TO USE ALL CAPS, I AM ABLE TO READ YOUR MESSAGES WITHOUT ISSUE IN NORMAL TYPING.

Wild1145

• @wild1145#15079 I apologize for using caps your argument was just really weird.

it isn’t true that we only had rights during seths times i’ve been here since 2013 and mbs have always had more rights.

It’s weird how you call it a "“horrific idea "

what do you think is gonna happen if mbs get nbt paste?

list all of your concerns and why you think it’s bad that mbs are different from ops

• @UnderTails#15080 I am telling you, when Mark was running the server (Because I've been here since 2012...) MB's had absolutely no extra permissions, TFM never supported the concept of MB's until Seth took over, and being on the list quite simply allowed you to set your tag to master builder without getting sanctioned.

I don't currently see any need to differentiate between MB's and OP's on the FreeOP Server, there should be absolutely no need for it. Quite frankly the MB's haven't done anything on the list I gave to the ECD and AECD back in Jan, and where they do need to work on things for the server, dedicated build servers are now setup to make that possible and remove other limitations that we have to have on the FreeOP Server.

My position is if MB's have it, OP's should by default too. The MB World is the current exception, and that's only because I haven't gotten around to moving it to it's own private MB Server, which in my mind is the actual perk of working on the MB Team.

I've also already said all of this on the original thread linked before when this was last raised, and my view on this has not changed...

Wild1145

• @wild1145#15076 If VulnerabilityPatcher gets configured to a satisfactory level so that OPs can also paste NBT without crashing the server I'll be glad to ditch this suggestion as it will be pointless.

Until then, since you're concerned about OPs not being a sub-rank I think you should consider what OPs themselves think about this.

I have no problem with things not going my way so no hard feelings if you eventually decide against this.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• @Tizz#15082 The issues with VulnerabilityPatcher probably make sense to be raised on separate threads, I know Fleek was looking into some weird issues that had come up, and as I've said before, I have no issue re-enabling NBT Paste, but if we do it, it gets enabled for OP's, not sub-titles of OP's.

Wild1145

• @UnderTails#15083 Because you quite simply are an OP. MB is not intended and should never have been setup as a rank, it's a title on the server, and should never have come with any more permissions than the actual rank you are...

Wild1145

• @UnderTails#15080 Master builder's don't apply for 'more power', they apply to be a master builder- it's in the name. Their permissions should be indifferent when compared to OPs.

The reason why it could be a "horrific idea" is because the process in which MB applications are processed is completely different to applications that grant more permissions (such as admins). To get accepted through an MB app is ultimately easier than getting accepted for Admin.

This could lead to major security issues, the suggestion you're making is to undo a change in which damaged the server through many different ways.

You're applying for a title, not a rank. You are an OP therefor your permissions should be equal.