Ban appeal (Keziu)

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • our Minecraft name Keziu

The date and time you were banned. 5 minutes ago

What type of activity you were doing at the time of the ban (e.g. chatting, building, using world edit, etc.) or state "offline" if banned while offline. For the purpose of the appeal, only use the term banned offline if you haven't been on the server in the past 24 hours AND do not have a ban reason specified. So for example, if you leave the server for 10 minutes and find you're banned when you try to return, that's NOT an offline ban for the purpose of the ban appeal - just state what you were doing just before you left the server and that found yourself banned on return. chatting i guess

Why do you think you were banned (select the best choice below)? Admins should only ban based on the following policy: http://totalfreedom.boards.net/thread/65799/s…uct-policy-read I said the n word once, a section 3 offence, which is at the very worst case, a 5 minute ban. So I select d.

a. I don't know because I did not violate any rule as noted in the server conduct policy.
    b. I don't know because I was banned while offline for more than 24 hours or it was my first login to the server
    c. I did violate one of the conduct rules and was fairly banned (state which one)
    d. I did violate one of the conduct rules but shouldn't have been banned (state which one)
    e. I don't know or other (include explanation)

If you answered a, b, d, e above, do you use any client mods or hacks? If yes, which ones? Inertia 3.1.3

Which admin banned you, and what were you told (if anything) before the ban occurred? Pastel banned me and said "Moron"

• @redeastwood#10865 What rules did I break during that conversation? As pastelpanther can be seen saying in the discord server chat, being rude isn't against the server rules. And me being rude doesn't change the fact the ban was unfair and the punishment did not fit the crime.

This is not me appealing an old permaban or about me trying to argue I didn't break the rules, it's about me not getting an unfairly harsh punishment. My actions before and after the punishment affect nothing.

• @Keziu#10867 I was clearly trying to remedy the situation, something you were very hostile about. As I said, I am objecting because of your post ban antics, which lead me to believe that you are still angry about the situation. What's to say you get unbanned, go back on the server, and take out your anger there? The 24 hour period will calm you down, and then I think you'd be okay to return.
    I would not be having these reservations if you were not as angry as you were post-ban, as exhibited by my screenshots.

• @redeastwood#10869 What you were doing doesn't matter, the punishment was ill-fitting to the offence I committed and there has been no reason for any further punishment to be given for actions that did not break the rules.

@Keziu#10871 no reason for any further punishment

@redeastwood#10869 which lead me to believe that you are still angry about the situation. What's to say you get unbanned, go back on the server, and take out your anger there? The 24 hour period will calm you down, and then I think you'd be okay to return.

@Keziu#10862 I said the n word once

Looks to me that "being angry" Wasnt why you were banned

@Keziu#10862 which is at the very worst case, a 5 minute ban. So I select d.

The N word is also on the Zero - tolerance policy If im not mistaken, thus I would think would be worth a 24 hour ban.

@chargenation1158#10875 Zero - tolerance policy

ZTP was abolished, its a section three. However, I would like to point out that this user was harassing players for quite a long time before the ban - thus possibly warranting the 24.

Would love to hear @Panther's opinions, as they gave out the punishment.

• @chargenation1158#10875 There's no zero tolerance policy that I'm aware of, it was abolished many months ago. There has been no argument that what I did deserved a mere 5 minute ban at worst, but should have even then been a smite.

• @redeastwood#10876 The ban reason was not for anything to do with my alleged "harrassment" of players, the ban reason was for a slur and nothing more. It cannot stand under a different offence when the admin did not attempt to punish me for those so-called offences.

• Object. You used a slur in a racially aggressive, non-joke context, so I banned you for a day. Maybe I would have unbanned you had you just been mature about it, but you proceeded to go on the freedom-02 and hub servers to whine and complain about your ban. You need to wait out your ban instead of using the other network servers to whine about it. Due to failure to heed many, many admin warnings on the other servers, you were even banned again there for multiple section 3 offenses.

• @Panther#10882 I just dropped the slur once in no context. Saying, "servers down n****s" is not a racially aggressive context. A racially aggressive context would be using the n word to try and insult someone on the merit of them being a person of colour.

@Panther#10882 Object. You used a slur in a racially aggressive context, so I banned you for a day. You need to wait out your ban instead of using the other network servers to whine about it. ZTP isn't a thing anymore, but racial comments can be a Section 2 ban by admin discretion.

The only reason I objected is because of the individual's actions post ban.

The slur was not used in a racially offensive way at all. He said "server is down n***", and that is in no way racially offensive. The ban was not warranted.** I am also not aware of any rule, situation, or staff privilege in which racial comments can be made into a section two offence.

@Panther#10882 but racial comments can be a Section 2 ban by admin discretion.

Citation needed

• @redeastwood#10884 I personally find this to be racially offensive, since he is using the word to directly describe a group of people (in this case, being the people on the server.) Even if racial comments aren't section 2 or that policy moved around again, or something like that, it wouldn't even matter, since due to the multiple offenses of this individual, they should be banned under section 2c anyway.