Ban appeal (email) - Nathaniel_428

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • 1. Minecraft name:

Nathaniel_428

2. Discord username and discriminator (username#discriminator) (if any):

n_a_t_h_a_n_28#5260

3. Approximate date of perm ban:

August 9, 2020

4. Reason for perm ban. Please do not lie and try to be sincere and apologize as applicable:

There has been a few people who have came up to my Discord just to send DDoS, DOX, or even death threats. I don't deserve such treatment. Sure, I did harass a member of the community. However, the community needs to learn that two wrongs don't make a right, it is not acceptable to do something bad to someone just because they did something bad to you first. The community also needs to learn that it is not acceptable to harm, hurt, or make jokes of people just because you hate them. Dislikeables in the community are commonly made fun of, but like I said, just because you hate someone doesn't give you the right to make such jokes, if the other person being made fun of disagrees with it. Just think about how Vicky would feel about the jokes made towards her (yes, she is indefinitely banned, but does that give you the right to harass and/or bully her? No, it doesn't). Of course, this applies to me to, just because I hate bowie doesn't give me the right to attack/bully/harass/... etc her.

If I was unbanned, I would aim to create at least one quality discussion on the forum per day. You might be asking, "How does posting on the forum will make up for what you done?" There's a strange effect about talking, when someone talks (and when they're not being annoying), you get positive emotions. Although these positive emotions are extremely weak, they add up like compound interest. It's funny when put in words, but it's something people don't think about unless it's mentioned.

I know what you want, you want me to present some change in my character. However, given that I'm banned from all the platforms here, that is not possible. In order to get unbanned, I must present a change in my character. However, in order to present a change in my character, I must get unbanned. This is what I like to call a "Circular Requirement" whereas in order to do/have x, you must do/have y. However, to do/have y, you must do/have x.

Code
    Object  
    You posted this appeal when bowie is applying for MB  

Thanks for the assistance Captain Obvious! Jokes aside, just because I decided to post this appeal when bowie is applying for MB doesn't automatically mean I'm going to harass her. If you think I'm going to harass bowie, show me credible, concrete proof that I'm going to harass bowie (innocent until proven guilty). You also need to know that email appeals are older than they appear, some appeal could have been emailed like 2 days before they are posted here (I don't know how frequently Steven checks his emails). This appeal was first drafted on the 18th of this month. I intended to email it on the 20th (thus, it should have been emailed BEFORE bowie's MB application), but due to life circumstances, it was emailed on the 22nd.

About "Nathaniel__428" (two underscores), that guy was an impostor. Anyone can act as if they're another person, talk like another person, speak like another person, behave like another person... etc. I do not have any evidence to prove that it wasn't me (and the burden of proof shouldn't be on me). Unless you can prove that it indeed was me who was "Nathaniel__428", the default assumption should be that I was not (again, innocent until proven guilty).

5. Do you agree to follow our server rules, the rules in place on the forum, and all the conditions stated above?

Yes

6. Please provide the one IP that you will be using to login to the server. If you don't know it, visit ip4.me and cut and paste the result. All other IPs that you used to get perm banned will remain perm banned. Don't provide a VPN IP.

If you're going to reply to this thread with the intent to harass and/or attack me (again, two wrongs don't make a right, and hating someone doesn't give you the right to attack someone), you are no better than myself. If you do not have anything nice to say, DO NOT REPLY.

• Rejected.

See my previous comments relating to this ban. User will not be welcome on this server again.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Given the nature of this individual, I am going to extend this indefinite ban to now fall into the same categories as our "Unappealable" Discord bans (Section 1) given the user brings the server and ATLAS's reputation into disrepute and the user more importantly broke a number of laws which was the cause of their indef ban, it is clear they know they will get a reaction from these posts and as a result going forward, the user will have no route to appeal and I will ask Steven to ignore future appeals for this user.

While I am a fan generally of second chances, I don't believe this user at any point deserves such a second chance, and I don't believe there will ever be anything they can say to convince me that they deserve my trust in a second chance, much less that of the community.

I appreciate this sets a shit precedent and the community might well shit on me for making this decision, but I feel this is in the best interest of the server going forward. If you feel that passionately about me not doing this, feel free to DM me and make your case, but I can't see you convincing me to give this user a second chance or the ability to have a second chance...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK