Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Just to make a formal post because I've sort of mentioned this a few times but not formally written something up.

I've decided to formally end the existence of IA within TotalFreedom, at the current time it's not felt like it's been something that we've missed, and ultimately everything they do the EAO team should be picking up generally as part of their responsibilities, and failing that it should be coming to me.

In terms of things that IA used to deal with this is where I now see their responsibilities

Gathering of evidence and writing of reports

This I would expect to be managed by all of the admins, if you feel there is wrongdoing happening on the server, collate evidence and report it through appropriate channels.

Receiving reports from players

For standard admins senior admins should be the default first point of contact if there is an issue, and where appropriate appropriate conversations should happen between the senior admin and admin to try to resolve the issue without the need for further escalation.

In the event further escalation is required, or you are reporting a senior admin you should raise the issue with a member of the EAO Team who can work out the appropriate result.

For further escalation beyond the EAO Team you should look to reach out to me.

For executives you should follow the policy outlined in the executive policy.

Admin Suspensions

At the moment the admin suspensions remain in the power of the EAO Team or myself.

Admin Welfare

The welfare of admins and the community as a whole will be something the EAO team will now be responsible for where the IA Team had formally done this.

What was an 'IA File' and what was in mine?

An IA File was a file stored by IA for record keeping purposes to track public information about an admin in a place that could be queried as required. I have no access to the files, and my understanding is they were all wiped when Seth went AWOL and deleted the server, so I couldn't show you what was in yours even if I wanted to, but the sort of things that would have been in them were:

• When you were appointed to admin status
    • Any suspensions / misbehaviour that was worthy of logging
    • Any abnormal behaviours that were shown in public
    • Dates when you got admin / promoted / reinstated / suspension.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• If there are any bits I've not covered (And there probably are) let me know and I'll edit the thread appropriately.

Wild1145

• @Darth#8206 That pre-dates even my time, so I'm probably not the best person to explain it, but if someone wants to give me a good explanation I'm happy to update the thread appropriately.

Wild1145

• @wild1145#8212 IA files were just where we put public information about admins.

just for example. Darths file would consist of this.

When darth got admin
    Darths suspensions
    Any misc. abnormal behavior darth showed

We had files for most admins, some containing no information at all. I doubt if the file system was ever completed

• 🙏

finally people will stop asking me to make IA reports.

In all seriousness though, while I am a bit unsure if this was the right move, as the IA was initially introduced to help solve the issue of corruption and stuff and also because people would report stuff to higher ups and sometimes things wouldn't be dealt with iirc. however I am willing to accept this new change and see how it goes, and if somethings goes wrong again we can always add it back

• @DragonSlayer2189#8254 what’s funny is the same people causing the corruption are the same people that made IA