Dual Wield!

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • @StevenNL2000#8000 There are a few other plugins that do the exact same thing, so those can also be considered.

• @StevenNL2000#8000 while i would have to agree, I will also say that as long as the developer is consitantly updating the plugin (which this one seams to be) and as long as we don't jump the gun on switching to the new version whenever 1.17 comes out, there shouldn't be much issues with it breaking, so i am going to vouch, as long as the plugin isn't getting abandoned anytime soon, everything should be fine

• @Blassph#11285 yep. I go through suggestions in bulk because that's the easiest way. Where little to no responses come in I give it a chance for discussion before making a final decision.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• This plugin sounds good but there are a lot of cons I can think of which I will list.

• The plugin doesn't allow toggles for individual players - I know I don't want to use this feature but others might.
    • We most likely will need to use the event API provided by the plugin to prevent/detect as the events provided by Spigot will not be able to detect offhand as per normal.
    • The NBT data will be stripped if you use the items with your offhand if not used properly.
    • Offhand and main hand have been switched.

Overall, it may be a good plugin but I believe it will hurt the players' experience which we are avoiding.

• Given it appears this would change the behaviour for all players and there is no opt-in, and there is a healthy objection to the poll, I'm going to decline this, but happy to take suggestions for similar plugins that address the concerns raised here especially around it being player toggle rather than server toggle.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK