Discord ban appeal

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Object.

Regarding Mosley on another forum

Mosley owns an public forum (which I will not name to avoid violating a certain policy) where a bunch of users have publicly encouraged and condoned racism, violence against the United States capitol, violence against those who are LGBTQ+, and antisemitism. Most of these users have not been sanctioned on said forum despite this and continue to use that forum to this very day. Mosley (under the user admin) maintains this forum knowing that its users are making such remarks on his platform and has not moderated or sanctioned these users. This inaction is grossly negligent at best and potentially complicit at worst.

Evidence (edited in some cases to abide by this server's policies, however some may still find the posts to be offensive):

!Owning the forum:
    https://i.imgur.com/u5DyPxj.png

Examples of unmoderated antisemitism:
    https://i.imgur.com/Oihdc7S.png

Examples of unmoderated racism:
    https://videogamesm12.me/5MA46JrjmWHu.png
    ^ - While the post itself was edited by Mosley himself, the post itself still contains racist language and a racist username.

Examples of condoned violence against the United States capitol:
    https://i.imgur.com/E84uYcd.png

Conclusion

Allowing Mosley to engage with the community on Discord (despite the actions I've noted earlier) would be detrimental to ATLAS Media Group Ltd's and TotalFreedom's image as a whole. This as a result qualifies as a violation of 1b of the Discord server rules, which states the following:

1b: Any content (of any sort) which brings the reputation of ATLAS Media Group Ltd or its projects (Which include TotalFreedom) into disrepute.

Regardless of how sound the original reasoning behind the ban is, I believe Mosley should remain banned for violating 1b of the Discord rules due to his behavior on other non-TotalFreedom platforms. Even if he didn't know of the rule above from the Discord rules, he still would have known from the official policy of admin conduct outside the server that he would be sanctioned for things he has done on other platforms.

image.png

• @videogamesm12#7712 We don't ban people based on their actions outside of the server sphere. Are you going to go through all my comments on my personal social media as well? I don't understand why the reasoning, "I believe Mosley should remain banned for violating 1b of the Discord rules due to his behavior on other non-TotalFreedom platforms." should be taken seriously.

The policy (https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/300-admin-co…of-totalfreedom) only applies to Admins, and since this is a ban appeal, then this comment should not be considered relevant to the matter at hand. Our average player doesn't attend EsoTalk, and those that do are simply required to follow the conduct policy whilst on any Total Freedom platform.
    It is silly to try and somehow misconstrue this policy into meaning that any inappropriate behaviour outside of Total freedom, if found, will result in a permanent ban from the server. Yes, this should apply to Admins, since they're representatives of the server. And even taking this into account: the worst that can happen is literally listed in the policy above:

As a general rule of thumb, if you are sexist, racist, homophobic or anything else that would discriminate against someone else, that behaviour is going to end up getting back to the server, and you're going to look like an ass at best and indefinitely suspended at worse...

I think it's fine for you to link to these cases as further corroborative evidence and context against Irix, however you didn't link to a single quote from Irix that displayed any foul behaviour, other than him simply being a moderator on the forum. You are not to decide how they moderate their forum, nor should that be relevant at all in this conversation - perhaps they subscribe to some form of priniciple regarding free speech (i.e. lack of moderation). If Irix had said some atrocious shit, then sure, that would indeed grant some context to the (lack of) evidence (at present time) )against Irix, and would enable the jury to give a concise verdict on the appeal. But since you have yet to link to a single instance of this, nor has any evidence against Irix even been posted in this thread, then this is nothing but redundant intel.

I don't think this comment should be considered a valid vote because it doesn't rely on any existing policy violations, and I also think you should retract your comments.
    I don't subscribe to the views that may/may not be conversed on EsoTalk, but it is wrong to reprimand a user based on a non-existant policy.

• @Miwojedk#7732 Actually, there is - see Regarding (people on) esoTalk, which was created announcing the banning of any advertising of the platform in question.

To quote the thread,

Darth Like Wild said (please refer to https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/300-admin-co…of-totalfreedom), you are on the hook if your actions outside of TF reflect badly on us or cause damage to our reputation. You are free to do what you want outside of TF, but if those actions spill over, or if someone traces it back to you, it becomes our problem.

Because this was posted in public channels and was aimed at the general audience instead of mainly just admins, I believe that this applies to more than just admins.

@Miwojedk#7732 I think it's fine for you to link to these cases as further corroborative evidence and context against Irix, however you didn't link to a single quote from Irix that displayed any foul behaviour, other than him simply being a moderator on the forum.

Foul behavior? You got it. This is at the footer of his forum.

!https://i.imgur.com/OpcwYiJ.png

image.png

• @videogamesm12#7733

You are free to do what you want outside of TF, but if those actions spill over, or if someone traces it back to you, it becomes our problem

You have yet to show Irix doing or saying anything particularly horrendous.

Foul behavior? You got it. This is at the footer of his forum.

And this means that Irix is doing something that requires us to take action... because? If I (an op) were to say the N-word outside of TF that means I should be banned from the server indefinitely? Jolly, that's a big chunk of potential (and current) players.

• @videogamesm12#7733 Was it Mosley himself advertising the forum or was it his friends? Regardless he hasn’t done it since the thread was made

• So I'll give the TLDR here.

The appeal is declined, I feel I had sorta already made that position at least somewhat clear, I have no obligation to store offensive materials as evidence, and I need no ongoing evidence past the point that I am satisfied that the issue has been resolved, which it was when I banned you for

Violation of 1d and encouraging further breaking of 1c and 1d

Which if interested are as follows on the conduct policy (When they are 2c and 2d because I made a typo on my phone, which is my bad)

c: The Sending, Linking or otherwise sharing links to NSFW content, this is including but not limited to pictures, video's and websites.
    d: Discriminating against, harassing or insulting a person based on their race/sexual preference/gender/age.

That sorts out the appeal itself.

To move on to the other part I mentioned earlier and that Video has mentioned around this being classed as a section 1 offence, as a former admin you are still held to the same behaviour standards as any other active admin on the server, which is the way TF has ran for as long as I can remember it, however in this case that in itself isn't even necessary because reviewing the evidence historically and in conversations with the ATLAS Management team, we have already concluded that you were in violation of Sections 1A, and 1B of our conduct policy on Discord since before you were previously unbanned.

1A Violation:

Upon a detailed review of the Discord Terms of Service, and by extension the Discord Community Guidelines which are required to be followed as part of following the discord TOS, we have identified that your historic advertising of the platform which you also chose to run and administrate in your own time in our view is highly likely to violate the following sections of the community guidelines, and as such your ban has been adjusted to mark you as being in violation of rule 1.A of the discord rules.

1. Do not organize, participate in, or encourage harassment of others. Disagreements happen and are normal, but continuous, repetitive, or severe negative comments may cross the line into harassment and are not okay.

2. Do not organize, promote, or coordinate servers around hate speech. It’s unacceptable to attack a person or a community based on attributes such as their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, or disabilities.

3. Do not make threats of violence or threaten to harm others. This includes indirect threats, as well as sharing or threatening to share someone’s private personal information (also known as doxxing).

4. Do not evade user blocks or server bans. Do not send unwanted, repeated friend requests or messages, especially after they’ve made it clear they don’t want to talk to you anymore. Do not try to hide your identity in an attempt to contact someone who has blocked you, or otherwise circumvent the tools we have which enable users to protect themselves

5. In general, you should not promote, encourage or engage in any illegal behavior. This is very likely to get you kicked off Discord, and may get you reported to law enforcement.

1B Violation:

The ATLAS Leadership team reviewed your behaviour and evidence historically since we took over the running of the community, and your behaviour falls about as far from our core values as it possibly could be, to actively promote, encourage and participate in content which is discriminatory towards race and gender, is absolutely unacceptable. The way you have presented yourself in the community and other communities which have been attributed both towards TotalFreedom and advertised on our platforms has already caused significant damage to our community in the past, something which you again had actively encouraged. As such you are now banned under section 1.B of the Discord conduct policy.

Due to the nature of the offences which you have now been re-banned under, any further appeals posted on the forum will be treated as spam and moderated & sanctioned appropriately.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK