Activity check freeze

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

@Miwojedk#7048 What makes you think this? I've seen plenty of old timers returning over the years to play on the server for months, even years. Mohinder returned during the summer for a couple of months as an example. Zekurt returned, Zevante returned, xFilez returned, Miwojedk returned.

And in all of those cases, a very simple reinstatement wasn't that difficult was it? Hell I'm one of the people that came back from time to time, I did to re-instate as a senior admin to be eligible to take over as owner. The very minimal activity requirement for reinstatement wasn't really that big of a deal... If people are returning for a few months or even a few weeks then odds are they'll have hit the activity requirement and just need to post a thread here which if they've inactive for a while is no bad thing anyway to make sure that they have a working forum account and can access things like the conduct policy.

If you can't maintain 6 hours a month regularly, then again that's fine but either make that clear and tell us up front as an inactivity notice, or accept that you'll just have to reinstate when in a few months you get the itch back to play the game... What I was referring to were people naturally finding other things and their time dipping as a result, which is totally normal and happens to us all.

@Miwojedk#7048 You know this is silly. The Admins who return have already been through the vetting process that is the application, whereas random ops haven't. As long as the Admins are up to date with the conduct policy, then I can't see why they would have any trouble adminstrating.

Yeah, but you hopefully see my point. An admin that plays 20mins a month is probably going to be less likely generally to keep up to date with the rules than an admin that barely plays on the server and barely interacts with the community. Silly yes, but not that far from reality.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I think the staff issue here has more to do with time zones than the actual amount of staff. In my opinion, activity requirements should be more/less strict based on how many other admins are in your time zone.