TotalFreedom Event Server

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

@simplynick#5772 This should also be mentioned, that if we had an event server in place; Operators such as yourself can still host their own events (I believe) without ESL approval but that does also means that you will not be able to hand-out any coin prizes

That's good, we'll be able to pull in a lot more people. But it's better on free-op, so object.

• or like make the event server and connect the chat of that server with the chat of the main one
    just throwing ideas

• @Miwojedk#5785 its simple thinking,

tf lacks substance and actual things to do
    a minigames world will provide more for players to do

the #1 problem is definitely lack of players imo. theres other problems, no doubt, but if we had 50+ players online i bet it wouldnt look as bad.

just for sake of clarification. object to this really bad idea. vouch for a minigames server.

• @neo#5777 We wouldn't look to link the chat between the freedom server and a server like the mini games server. At the moment the hubs are the only servers we're bridging the chat on.

It's not just because I don't like the idea of doing it but also because it would fundamentally change how we manage chat on the free op server to make it work.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @zeseryu#5770 so my intent has been to add bespoke game modes we develop that are ultimately original ideas rather than to just re use game modes like survival games and spleef, though I've considered offering those as well as easier things to potentially add.

We have a new bespoke game mode in the early planning stages but won't likely be ready for some time yet just down to it being a fairly large project to do.

Wild1145

• @square#5765 I think the other hope is by having these events and more things for people to do we may attract more players to the network as a whole, who may then decide they want to try out the smp or free op server while they're online. That's certainly been some of my thinking up to now, the more choice people have the more likely we are to appeal I guess.

Wild1145

• @zeseryu#5766 imo there are almost two suggestions here.

1 is to have an on demand events server that can be used for official events hosted on the network.

2 is to expand the game modes we offer to allow players to go off and play mini games with friends if they should so choose.

I personally think both ideas have merit and might be worth someone writing up a suggestion for the second point given this thread seems to focus around the first idea?

Wild1145

• @zeseryu#5795 Not much of a community if there's such a "definite lack of players" as you say. Total Freedom is at its essence an all-op server, hence the name. Saying otherwise is foolish; which is why I used the chat-linking as a requisite for my vouch on this suggestion, because fostering a community requires interaction, and there's not much interaction if 5-10 players are on the event server, and two are on the freedom server.
    I honestly don't see a point in having an events server, unless there is such a big issue with plugin-technicalities which I haven't seen presented so far.