emireri1498 MB application

• 1) Your current Minecraft name (IGN): emireri1498

3) Do you have a discord account? If yes, post your username#discriminator here. adamthedumbperson (discords new username feature)

2) How often you plan to be active as a MB on Total Freedom? (Daily, once a week etc.) once a week

3) Will you help contribute to building projects when requested by the Executive Creative Designer (ECD)?: yes

4) What type of building skill(s) do you currently possess (terraforming, redstone, interior, exterior): exterior

5) Provide several screenshots with 3+ of your own builds, without any form of shaders: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/q9homyu…s6az3tap/shared

6) If there was one thing that you would say you could improve on within your builds, what would it be?: Make the exteriors not stairspam but still good

7) (Optional) Do you do any other form of creative work (e.g. drawing, animation, video design, etc.): making figura models

8) (Optional) If any players can vouch or provide further evidence for you being the builder behind your builds, please list their names: quack95

• JagWire July 6, 2023 at 9:28 PM

Approved the thread.
  • I can confirm that you definitely built that, but I genuinely do not think you are ready for MB yet.

Forgive me on the bullying but, your build is interiorless and repetitive, showing almost no effort put into it whatsoever. The build is almost square and a literal cube with stairs embedded in it. The entrance is off-center, but I'd imagine that's intentional. The build also was made in basically under 5 minutes. It's also literally just stairs around windows, with it serving absolutely little to no purpose. WorldEdit did you bad and barely any of the stairs are placed correctly, and all you did was //stack it all in different directions and call it a build.

You also need 3+ builds to be shown in your application, of which you showed one. I think you need way more training and require a few more builds that you're genuinely proud of. I object.

Admin // Hub Moderator // Master Builder

Incredibly awesome duck.

• I can confirm that you definitely built that, but I genuinely do not think you are ready for MB yet.

Forgive me on the bullying but, your build is interiorless and repetitive, showing almost no effort put into it whatsoever. The build is almost square and a literal cube with stairs embedded in it. The entrance is off-center, but I'd imagine that's intentional. The build also was made in basically under 5 minutes. It's also literally just stairs around windows, with it serving absolutely little to no purpose. WorldEdit did you bad and barely any of the stairs are placed correctly, and all you did was //stack it all in different directions and call it a build.

You also need 3+ builds to be shown in your application, of which you showed one. I think you need way more training and require a few more builds that you're genuinely proud of. I object.

:(

• Object.

Quack has laid most of the valid reasoning above, but I'll throw in a few words to nudge you in a better direction:

For what it's worth, repetition is not always a bad thing. However, the way that you executed it in your build is definitely extremely obvious, and the original pattern being boring itself definitely did not help. Compared to the size of your build, one unit of your pattern is quite small, making the repetition even more tedious than it already is - not to mention the fact that the pattern itself looks repetitive (stairs are stacked very similarly). These are factors that makes the pattern very unsatisfying to look at

I urge you to consider more techniques that make the original pattern less boring (less "stair-spam"? more structural ideas? add other forms of detail? etc.), and to add more patterns so you can break up the monotony, as well as playing with the size of the build itself to lower the repetition count. You can also try with placing a different pattern every 2 other patterns which should help a little bit.

To help with the entrance being off-center, one must realize that asymmetry is quite a powerful tool to introduce new and interesting ideas as well as cool shapes and concepts that would otherwise be tedious or impossible to show with full symmetry. It does come with a catch that you should make it obvious that the build is intended to be made asymmetrical, or it would be treated as a fault rather than a feature. In your case, where all the walls repeat themselves and the rest of the build is entirely symmetrical, it looks very odd that you have a non-centered entrance, where no additional features are added to justify that off-centered entrance.

To aid with this, you may alter the shape of the build itself such that it holds it's own asymmetry, or to add features where it justifies the existence of that entrance's location (a hut of sorts? some ceiling? some additiona detail?), or simply center the entrance.

The bigger picture of the structure being boring would be the fact that it is entirely rectangular - this does not need to be the case.

While it would be difficult to incorporate complex shapes and ideas like circular towers/gazebos or slanted shapes, you can start by considering unions of simple rectangular shapes (L, T, H, U being common examples). These introduces new complexities into the build to make it look more interesting to the viewer. In addition, for higher floors, you may consider not straight stacking up the floors and rather make a balcony of sorts and create interesting features on a 3D level, which would make the build much more sophisticated.

All in all, I am glad that you found motivation to learn building via asking one of our current masterbuilders - that is a step that few take and I applaud you for your curiosity! But it is a skill, and like any other skill it requires time and patience to get good at. I hope my advice has been helpful and I wish you a great journey in learning to build. Hope to see a successful application from you!

P.S. If you're looking for more building-related resources, perhaps this thread can help you!

C'est la vie

• Object for Feuer's reasoning

Gommeh

Super Admin - January 15, 2015

Super Telnet Admin (rip) - May 15, 2015

Senior Admin - July 19, 2020

Discord Moderator - July 19, 2023

Developer - July 26, 2023

• Object. I don't mean this as an insult, but it literally looks like Soviet architecture. I don't think you're ready for the MB role yet, but you could definitely improve on your buildings in the future.

ピバラ。

• Up your detail. Feu's points here are very important to look for . Repetition and even boring geometry can become its own thing if it is sprinkled with eyecatching asymmetry throughout. Your build here sadly do not do so.

I object.

I myself have issues building sometimes you know? You could take a quick look at the sources Feu linked, and also look up a couple of worldedit commands to help out with this. An artist isnt defined by their tool, but the tools are a big change here. Just copy and paste alone will not help out after a point. I recommend this channel known as Minecraft Buildtips? They have nice "objects" categories that are basically the equivalent of drawing a circle for new artists. Give it a shot!

ketchup aX0Qxn3.png