decyj145's reinstatement

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I recall there was a suggestion to uniform the different reinstatement processes.

pretty sure I saw this as well, and honestly we should get on that seeing as they can be pretty confusing at times tbh

I think your "ragequit" was an impulsive result of Yurni getting banned, and I don't blame you for "ragequitting".

I also don't blame decy for "ragequitting" (if that's what you want to call it) as a result of Yurni getting banned, but I'd recommend talking to someone first if you feel like impulses like that are interfering with your duties as admin in the future.

My vote remains a vouch.

Gommeh

Super Admin - January 15, 2015

Super Telnet Admin (rip) - May 15, 2015

Senior Admin - July 19, 2020

Discord Moderator - July 19, 2023

Developer - July 26, 2023

• object

I've re-read it and uh the wording's sometimes not so clear. It doesn't state there's a vote but it doesn't specify there's an automatic approval. I recall there was a suggestion to uniform the different reinstatement processes.

fyi rage quitting admins have been treated as suspended staff in the past. this admin shouldn’t be held to any other standard given that they left the role following yurni’s ban and then questioned it for a week.

• fyi rage quitting admins have been treated as suspended staff in the past. this admin shouldn’t be held to any other standard given that they left the role following yurni’s ban and then questioned it for a week.

Questioning and objecting to a ban isn’t against server rules. While Vi’s ban was a reason I resigned it certainly wasn’t the only one - as I said on the thread I was going through a lot and I stated that on the discord too at the time. I don’t think asking for my role to be removed should be counted as ragequitting but that isn’t up to me.

Admins who resign (if it isn’t to avoid punishment and doesn’t involve breaking policy) should never be treated the same as admins who have been suspended in my opinion.

Edited once, last by declan (July 6, 2023 at 7:32 PM).

• Can I vouch here? If I can, I do - Decy was one of the best admins of all time on TF, and has had to deal with an immense amount of server drama and/or bullshit.

If I'm being honest, saying that a vote is required on something that has always been an automatic approval (given the requirements are met) is something that Robin or Ivan would have done.

• If I'm being honest, saying that a vote is required on something that has always been an automatic approval (given the requirements are met) is something that Robin or Ivan would have done.

agreed.

i’ve not voted because i don’t think there should be one. declan has had some really private issues irl and I’m personally confident it wasn’t a ragequit in the traditional sense. i believe Yurni’s ban had a factor in the resignation but i’m confident that it wasn’t a proper ragequit.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• Can I vouch here? If I can, I do - Decy was one of the best admins of all time on TF, and has had to deal with an immense amount of server drama and/or bullshit.

If I'm being honest, saying that a vote is required on something that has always been an automatic approval (given the requirements are met) is something that Robin or Ivan would have done.

well ivan and robin are both degenerates (one likes kids the other shags animals)

• By the letter of the law, voting doesn't need to happen but I did value the feedback on both sides regardless.

However all that said, what happened that has caused the objections I don't feel would've caused any suspension or removal - far from it, and thus I feel it sets a terrible precedent to punish an admin for deciding to step away from things when life gets tough.

Apologies for the delay, but welcome back.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.