Freedom-01: Road from 1.17.1 to 1.20.x

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
    • Official Post

As many of you are likely aware, we're currently stuck on 1.17.1 for the Freedom-01 Minecraft server. At the current time we're also struggling with the disk space usage on the current Freedom-01 server and are rapidly running far beyond the point where it is stable and sensible to run. This thread will outline the plan over the next few months to get us up to date.

Freedom-01 Re-Build

The first step we will complete is to build a replacement freedom-01 server, this will remain on the same version of Minecraft and with the same plugins and configurations. This will help us with our current disk space shortage issues. The only difference with the new server is we will not be including a plots world, and the plots dedicated server will launch at some point after the new Freedom server.

Once the new Freedom server is ready, the current freedom-01 server will become legacy-freedom-01 and freedom-01 will route you to the replacement server. This will result in the Freedom-01 server ultimately having clean worlds, and a world border in each world to help limit the disk space chaos we've had to deal with

When this happens an announcement will go up and we will give folks 6 weeks to save / finish and save builds on the legacy server before it's switched off and archived. Once we switch off we will be sharing the worlds, schematics and similar. For the new server we will sync schematics both at the initial switch and as we shut down the old server.

Freedom-01 1.19 Upgrade

When either the development team have a working 1.19.x TFM release (And associated plugins) or replacement TFM release (And associated plugins) we will look to upgrade the new Freedom-01 server to the 1.19.x release. There would not be a world reset / anything significant such as this as that time, going forward world resets will not be coupled with a major version upgrade and we will perform world wipes when storage demands it of us.

1.20.x (or newer) upgrade

One we've got a stable 1.19.x game server, we will look to uplift once again to 1.20.x or whichever the current release is at that time, if 1.19 or 1.20.x takes a significant amount of time, there may need to be additional steps in the upgrade pipeline before we jump to the latest version, but the aspiration is we will go back to tracking the versions closely.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• one question - will bans be synced on legacy-01 and freedom-01? so if i was still senior and i ban lyicx for racism on legacy-01, would that also be applied on fr-01?

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• Official Post

one question - will bans be synced on legacy-01 and freedom-01? so if i was still senior and i ban lyicx for racism on legacy-01, would that also be applied on fr-01?

Long term bans will be sync'd but there will be no other type of live sync due to the limitations with TFM and our setup.

• Long term bans will be sync'd but there will be no other type of live sync due to the limitations with TFM and our setup.

Apologies i didn’t mean live sync as in automated i meant like as of now if i get banned in hub i don’t get banned in fr-01 and vice versa. Was wondering if the same applied here

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• Official Post

Long term bans will be sync'd but there will be no other type of live sync due to the limitations with TFM and our setup.

Apologies i didn’t mean live sync as in automated i meant like as of now if i get banned in hub i don’t get banned in fr-01 and vice versa. Was wondering if the same applied here

It'll be down to the admins online, I'd suggest in an ideal world an admin probably should jump on the other server and ban them on both servers but it'll be down to their judgement.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I hope in the future the server can more efficiently update to newer versions of the game since it'd be nice, I think the major slowdown now is just TFM but that is going to be canned soon enough which may benefit the server in the long-run since from personally looking at the code myself I think it is causing many performance issues for the server, I do hope that the plugin list is cleared up a bit more and that many of the issues that the server is facing now are out the window mostly. Anyway excited to see this happen and as long as I have all of my builds saved I should be fine, this has been a bit long-awaited by many people especially new stuff, I am advocating for a fast enough 1.20 rollout after 1.19 since 1.20 does add a few new stuff to the game which can be fun to use in projects such as hanging signs.

meow-upscaled.png