Anarchy themed SMP Event - Continuation & Confirmation Thread

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Would you like to see the limited time Anarchy Themed SMP Continue? 28

1. Yes - It should continue as planned (23) 82%
    2. No - We should stop the work on this server now (5) 18%

A short thread, I'd like people to confirm if there is actually any real interest in the Anarchy themed SMP Type event that I announced last week. I personally think it's a good idea, a few people now aren't so keen.

If there is no real demand for it, or it's missed the mark I'm happy to cut my losses on the idea now and bin it off before I waste any more time and effort bringing it to be a real thing.

Original thread for reference - https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/3678-announcing-anarchy/

Note: This thread is not for suggesting how to change it, it's to vote on the poll. Please don't spend time suggesting ways to change / enhance it, as they will be ignored on this thread. If we find this concept of interest and players enjoy it (And it's not a flop if it goes ahead) we will look to gather specific feedback after the conclusion of the current event series.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

Deauthorized If I had a suggestion for it, I think it should force you into spectator mode rather than outright banning you from the event, unless there’s a pretty good reason why that wouldn’t be possible

There were a few issues with it which is why I didn't.

One being it screws around with some of the spawn protection region stuff, and I'd have to customise worldguard to get around that. The other is I didn't want to make it easy for someone to "Cheat" and TP to other people on a dead account to get one up on their primary.

If this event is successful (Subject to it going ahead) we can look at options to do that going forward, I just wanted to get "Something" out there as a minimal viable experience that people could play with and feed back on.

Wild1145

•   Noah Teleportation was one example, it's more general than that. Things like someone flying to another persons base to work out how to attack them that sort of stuff.

I wanted the first version of this to give everyone a somewhat level playing field, if we want to make it more cruel later we can and we can do things like multiple lives etc etc.

Wild1145