Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • ok so i got banned for a day for building a noise machine which was making lots of noise and "client side" lag

but it was not affecting the server tps and else

so whats the problem??????? if its not affecting server tps and its just making noise?????

• As per erin's suggestion, I will now explain the reason for my ban.

I was randomly flying around spawn, and I happened to find a lag machine. It was lagging me pretty hard, considering I have a pretty beefy rig, I thought I should do action. There was a crap ton of noise, I could essentially barely hear anything. I checked via /co i and I found it to be snpa's build. As per sanction issuing guidance, quote:

a. Attempts at harming the server.

A lag machine harming the server itself shall lead to an IB (Indefinite Ban).

As the following build was harming the client, I thought a 24 hour restriction from the server should be enough.
    I have asked Tizz (if i recall correctly) about this, he agreed with me. As this happened in admin-chat, I do not have any permission to quote this.

The lag machine consisted of loads of bells, here's an image:

https://imgur.com/a/qvAdSnI
    Was restored with coreprotect since the ban I did automatically rolled it back (and yes, I did intend for it to) and yes I removed it afterwards taking this photo

In the image you can see that this was obviously intended as a noise machine, therefore I understand snpa's reasoning.

If I can see clearly that this was a mistake on my part, you will be unbanned.

For now, I will wait for other people/representitives to step in till we can make any conclusions.