Who will get access to the panel?

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I've split this thread out because it's not directly related to the panel pilot notification but is a reasonably conversation to have.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @'Ryan' in the past, we had some form of automated system for that so that way it wasn't to much of a pain to do that, do you think this is still a viable option?
    My only problem with that system personally was that the passwords were sent out by the discord not, to the user, meaning if anybody ever got access to the bot, it would be a single point of failure as they would then have everyone's amp password, as long as they didn't change it by themselves (which most people don't)

•   DragonSlayer2189 In short no, it's not viable. That was the original hope but there are no existing tools out there to do it, and we have not got the development capacity to do it. Even if we did, it would require a custom panel or add-ons to AMP. It's just unfortunately not a viable option.

Wild1145

•   DragonSlayer2189 That has a dependency on the Discord bot by the looks of it and sending credentials in that way is not secure in any way shape or form. It also doesn't solve the issues around syncing things nor does it reduce the risk associated with the additional load of accounts.

The way we use AMP now is different to how we did previously due to it not just running a single instance and a single MC Server...

Wild1145

• there was literally no problem working with the bot. people over exaggerated the issues with it and didn’t just learn to put up with it.

thanks to whoever pushed for this we now have an admin team who won’t even be able to restart the server, therefore we’re now at a risk of the waiting times for the server to start to increase. hope you’re all happy.

•   You! I think we will just have to see, as I completely understand where Ryan's standpoint is from, senior admins, and all admins in general, are supposed to be active, and since the EAO should be enforcing that, that should mean that the seniors will be active enough to restart the server when something goes wrong. I think that at least for now, we should keep it just to seniors having that ability, and then if it becomes a major issue in the future then we can come back to it and rethink the implementation of the panel, but there's no use trying to stop us from advancing with this just because a portion of people won't have access to something which they, as long as activity is being enforced, do not need

You! therefore we’re now at a risk of the waiting times for the server to start to increase.

Just going to point this out again (because it's been pointed out before), but that exact same thing was already an issue with the bot in the event it shat itself.

You! there was literally no problem working with the bot.

This is also incorrect. There's been a few times where the bot has shat itself and there's only been two people to fix it.

I said this on discord and I'll say it again here

All I can say is that if y'all can offer a better solution that doesn't involve anything Ryan has already said he's not willing to do at all, please go ahead.

The reason why we're going with AMP as a panel, even if it's not completely ideal (and putting aside the constant requests for one), is that it actually met multiple requirements that other panels, like Pterodactyl did not.
    If Pterodactyl (or again, any other panel) met the same requirements, we'd probably have gone with those instead.

1gaah.png

root the bot has shat itself

Just to be clear, was the bot the point of failure or the agent / software on the machine to which the bot connects to? Ryan didn't correct me when I pointed out the bot runs fine.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

root This is also incorrect. There’s been a few times where the bot has shat itself and there’s only been two people to fix it.

Yes but even after those times we’ve ran with this bot for over a year now and the odd situation happens once every 2 months…

•   Tizz I'm not 100% sure. I suspect there's a communication issue between the bot and the agent, but we've never been able to be 100% sure.

Wild1145

• @'Anes' not sure if this is because i just woke up, but this entire statement doesn't make sense at all

this ain't meant to be a dig at you, im genuinely trying to understand what you said.

1gaah.png