All TFM projects updated - minor help needed

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • So I've updated all plugins to 1.17. You can see my work here: 65.21.153.247:25565

If you join the server I request that you be considerate. It is not using the most powerful CPU in the world, please don't try to crash it!

The source code for all repositories are also published at https://github.com/TotalFreedomMC

Just two notes of warning:

• The TotalFreedomMod is from the one I used back in June. So, basically the version on the repo is using a version of TFM from AMG from June. Any help backporting the changes would be extremely helpful. You can see it here: https://github.com/TotalFreedomMC…47b850070a2ddfb
      However, a few things need to be kept from the StevenFreedom version (Ptero integration, I'm probably forgetting something else)
    • Essentials has added a few new commands that I haven't had the opportunity to test. Everything should be working though.

All of the following plugins are CONFIRMED to work on Minecraft 1.17 AND Java 16:

Plugins (28): AsyncWorldEdit, AsyncWorldEditBossBar, BetterChairs, BlocksHub, BookLimiter, BukkitTelnet*, Carz, CoreProtect, CrackShot, Essentials, EssentialsSpawn, HolographicDisplays, IllegalStack, ItemizerX, JDA, LibsDisguises, Lift, Marriage, Plan, ProtocolLib, spark, TFGuilds, TotalFreedomMod, Vivecraft-Spigot-Extensions, Votifier, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, WorldGuardExtraFlags

I've spent the last few hours updating everything, and I seriously consider you use these plugins (temporarily at least) and give me lead dev

•   FromTimeToTime the truth is, my intention was to only pull in the changes from the AMG repositories. this was in case wild took down AMG and we could still continue work on the projects (steven contacted me about this)

I sort of got carried away and started updating stuff because I'm like that. The answer is complicated. Working under Seth felt more like a volunteer job (which is what this is). Working under Wild feels like working for a company. I don't know how to really explain it, sorry.

•   DragonSlayer2189 Yeah that's why I asked earlier on discord about the jvm flags. Java 16 let's you turn some of the new security stuff around reflections off, Java 17 (lts) does not. So if it works without flags in 16 you'll be fine in 17. We just didn't clock the fact you needed the flags set in 16 for certain things to work.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   Telesphoreo Yeah a lot of plug-ins encouraged people to use them to turn off the security controls for reflections. It's something we originally did to test in Java 16 but got fucked when we moved to Java 17 in Dev because they stop you turning the security off or down with those flags. I saw the flags you were running it on yesterday and yeah petro haven't done anything weird to the flags that would break for us on 17 afaik

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Bump. I didn't know Java 17 came out so I was testing Java 16. I effortlessly upgraded to Java 17 using Pterodactyl and the good news is that everything works in its entirety. Yes, even AsyncWorldEdit works under Java 17. TFM compiles under Java 17 as well (and now will going forward at least on TFMC). Performance does seem significantly better on Java 17 for me with overall reduced CPU usage. However, memory usage is slightly increased from averaging 1.9GB to 2.25GB

Also, I believe I've manually applied the patches from AMG's TFM into this one. I don't think it'll be hard to maintain since AMG hardly has any developmental work in the first place.