TotalFreedom's Player-base Decrease

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

@'billy7oblos' .players are banned and doxxed for trolling and using “exploits”

I don't really understand how players are "doxxed".
    Just because we are using their IPs for Indef bans doesn't really mean that we're doxxing them.
    I'm pretty sure Steven said something like "If we don't use IP's for Indefinite Bans then that would be a security risk" or something along those lines. And even if you're not talking about Indef bans, explain how people are getting doxxed, cause I don't really see actual doxxing on TF.

@'billy7oblos' (and the op status might be removed)

What do you mean by this?

@'billy7oblos' what could have been a super cool server with vanilla features is now a super sensitive bunch of admins (and owner)

Explain how the rest of the admins (and owner) are sensitive, from what I know they're just doing their job 🤷

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

gamingto12 I don’t really understand how players are “doxxed”.

as you said, indef bans have visible player ip's, which is considered doxxing in most communities (and most communities don't do it

gamingto12 What do you mean by this?

https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/2981-use-per…d-ditch-free-op

gamingto12 Explain how the rest of the admins (and owner) are sensitive, from what I know they’re just doing their job 🤷

personal drama in so many ban requests, as for the owner, he almost deleted totalfreedom because of "bullying"

@'billy7oblos' indef bans have visible player ip’s, which is considered doxxing in most communities (and most communities don’t do it

I see what you're trying to say, but we aren't trying to dox anyone, it's the best thing we can do to make sure that no one bypasses their indef ban.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

@'billy7oblos' which is considered doxxing

Lol nope, from Urban Dictionary (TheFreeDictionary has a similar definition):

Expose someone's true identity

IPs are not PII, but it's possible IBRs will be hidden from OPs again, good luck defending yourself in a future one.

@'billy7oblos' personal drama in so many ban requests

Checked back till June. Out of \~80, only 3 actually have some drama, and one of those is... yours.

@'billy7oblos' he almost deleted totalfreedom because of “bullying”

Speaking from ignorance? Ryan has said at least twice it was already in consideration, and that event pushed him forward.
    Also, tell that to freeflarum.com, which nuked the forum and admins' accounts after being reported for "bullying".

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• You know I've thought about it for a while. As someone who has not only dev'ed for this server, but many others, and who has also owned a server just like this one, I don't think the issue lies with what we're doing. I think it lies in what the state of Minecraft is currently. You know back before Notch left, Minecraft was fresh, new, with updates making the game fun and playable after it got boring again and again. Having the game's creator gone, I don't think the developers had a really clear direction with where to go with the game where Notch did since he was the creator.

Stop blaming yourselves, the developers, because obviously attempts have been made. Cheers to 1.18 and hopefully we can create a plan that will increase our player base. Excited for this update as it could make the game fresh again...

@'billy7oblos' the only thing that sets your server apart is the fact that its “free op” (and the op status might be removed)

Free OP isn't what makes TF unique. TF is set apart from other servers because players are offered access to more features and commands than you can get in most servers. It wasn't originally Free-OP so reverting to a non-Free OP system isn't the end of the world or a bad thing. Switching to permissions nodes would make life for developers much easier since they don't have to put ad-hoc integrations for TF's wacky permissions system. It would enable stock plugins to be used and much more seamless integration of features.

@'billy7oblos' vanilla features are severely restricted

Vanilla features are often restricted because people abuse them and ruin it for others. There is clearly an effort to unblock things but until ways can be found to make them harder to abuse, they often remained blocked.

@'billy7oblos' .players are banned and doxxed for trolling and using “exploits”

Nobody is being "doxxed" and you clearly lack an understanding of what a dox is. To help you a quick google search shows that it is 'the act of publicly revealing previously private personal information about an individual or organization, usually through the internet'. Posting a user's IP on a ban request isn't malicious and isn't revealing personal information such as your home address or social security number. Trolling is against the rules and warrants a ban for obvious reasons and especially you should know better before commenting on "players being banned for 'exploits'" because people using things that can potentially cause irrecoverable loss to builds (chunk wipe sign) or otherwise make the server unplayable for others clearly deserve to be banned.

@'billy7oblos' super sensitive bunch of admins (and owner)

You just sound salty for no reason.

@'billy7oblos' personal drama in so many ban requests

I've seen no personal drama in the bans other than the one filed for you. Your Indef Request has over 130 posts, something that is quite absurd for a simple ban request and is the only instance where a ban request has over 100 posts.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png