Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  •   Miasmus I care... Because having empty servers or servers that take weeks or months to setup to be played on for a week or two and never played again like every other smp...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @'Ryan' Well this only took a day to set up, and it isn't exactly high performance or high maintenance so I don't see any harm in trying to make this a fully fledged gamemode. Maybe the player retention will be good...

•   Miasmus Given the last 5 smp servers with varying spins haven't, I'm afraid I'm not yet convinced. This has players because there's an active short term event happening... That's very different to a permanent game mode.

Wild1145

• No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Miasmus Ok, so I know my last thread failed, and for good reason

why are you making another if it clearly isn't a good idea? By your own admission it's for a "good reason"...

Miasmus Today, Lyicx hosted a event in a 50x50 border world on the events-01 server. It eventually evolved into a little smp with hacking allowed, and Lyicx the king and sole person in creative. IMO this went really well, and quite a few people joined who want to play it again.

People get bored. This isn't difficult. It's all well and good to make Lyicx a king and all but eventually people stop caring because there's nothing new to do. What about when Lyicx isn't online? What do people do then? By that point it's just an SMP like it was under Seth and literally everyone else who owned a fucking SMP, it isn't new nor creative and y'all seem to fail to see this. It isn't difficult.

What I see here is this: some people on this server isn't really looking for ideas to get more players rather looking for their own personal shit. You'll see it with some of the ideas put forward, you'll see it here and you'll see it right fucking here in this thread.

We cannot be shitting on Ryan and Red and anyone else for this and then do it ourselves. It's utterly ridiculous that this is even having to be said, it isn't one standard for them and one for us.

Miasmus Why? I'm suggesting this because people like it, not because it will draw in new players. I don't see how it being unoriginal will change anything...

What good is people liking it if nobody wants to join it? If we make a server for the existing community and purely for the existing community, we'll end up wasting time on something that burns out when everybody gets bored making it a complete and total waste of time.

Miasmus Well this only took a day to set up, and it isn't exactly high performance or high maintenance so I don't see any harm in trying to make this a fully fledged gamemode. Maybe the player retention will be good...

You seem to be missing the point.

New gamemodes should try and cater to the existing community but only if they bring in more players. SMP will not only fizzle out if it isn't designed for new players, but due to the nature of SMP will fizzle out at an even quicker rate when people realise there isn't anything to do, 20 players will turn into 15, then 10, then 5, then 3, then ultimately 0. This is no different to how it was literally every other time we did something like this.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• Given nothing has changed, and the consensus is mixed, and that we've cut other projects which would require less developer effort, and bring more unique players into the server or make the server experience in my view better and that would therefore be at a higher priority I am once again rejecting this request.

Wild1145