Freedom-01 Extended Maintenance - Saturday 12th June 2021 14:00 - 17:45

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Further to the post covering the entire network maintenance, I'm also going to be taking Freedom-01 offline for maintenance of the CoreProtect database.

Over the last few weeks I've been working my way through and have so far free'd up around 60GB of table space. In order to actually make use of this (As 60GB is quite a bit of space, and is enough for things like oh I don't know the events server) I need to take the Freedom server offline so the table can be locked and re-built.

We will continue to purge more data out after this, and hopefully we're going to hit the window where there must have been a lot of data, but 60GB of data archived out is a pretty good start I think.

Thanks all for your understanding, hopefully it'll take less time than I've planned, but will let you know when service is restored to Freedom-01.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Database maintenance is still ongoing.

Updated time for restore is 17:45

Wild1145

• To my frustration 3 hours after I kicked the maintenance off, it didn't actually end up doing what I wanted it to do... I suspect I'll end up having to dump the database, drop the tables and re-create them when I've got them down to the smaller size I think they should be...

For now I'll get Freedom-01 back up and accept that the optimize table did not do as much as I'd hoped.

Wild1145

• Actually ignore that, it did do what I wanted, but the MySQL workbench didn't work that out...

35.41% used (243.96 of 688.89 GB), trend: -68.92 GB / 24 hours

Wild1145